VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I have a dvd that will have several buttons (animated buttons) on the main menu. When a button is activated it opens a titleset menu. On here I place the chapter thumbnails. The problem I have on both menus is making the thumbnail the button rather than the text that appears when it is added to the menu (I drag a chapter to the menu and it auto-creates a text button to go with it).

One thing I tried was placing a button with a frame over the animation. This almost does what I want, but when the button is highlighted only the frame changes. I'd like it to tint the animation as well. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the frame is a gif added to the button, try adding the gif for the frame to the animation itself instead. Double-click the animation and select "Edit picture/animation properties", then add the frame using the "Specials" section of the dialog window. Both the frame and the animation should be included in the shaded highlight.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I double click the animation when I'm creating the menu nothing happens (expect the work area flickers a little), if I right click then I get the image dialog (even though its an animation).
    Quote Quote  
  4. The problem I have on both menus is making the thumbnail the button rather than the text that appears when it is added to the menu
    Open the default settings, tab 'Button' and set the 'Default Button type' to 'Graphic'. Now if you drag a chapter to the menu then it auto-creates a pure graphical button (no text). The full animation is highlighted.
    In the lower part of the window you may select a gif mask (as frame) in addition. If you want 'to tint the animation' do not set any tag for the gif mask highlight properties (_ | for Highlight, _ | inv. for Highlight, _ | Highlight only= all off). Then the frame and the animation is highlighted. See also: http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/ButtonsMasks.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deco81
    When I double click the animation when I'm creating the menu nothing happens (expect the work area flickers a little), if I right click then I get the image dialog (even though its an animation).
    My mistake. I added an animated button by dragging a video from the "Source" section (in the LH pane) to the menu, instead of just adding an animation, with the "Anim" button. When an animated button is added, double-clicking it works. The image dialog that came up when you right-clicked on the animation is the same one you would get by double-clicking an animated button, and selecting Edit picture/animation properties".

Follow Borax's advice. That should work.
    Quote Quote