VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Video, that I need to block blur a couple of peoples faces, and a couple of license plates.
    How do I do this? Thanks in advance
    Raso
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What format is it in? That determines the software to use. You can drop it in Gspot to find out.

If it's a AVI type file, you may be able to process it with VirtualDub and use a logo filter to blur out parts of the video. If the object to be blurred is moving on the frame, it can be much more difficult and time consuming.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you are using Sony Vegas, you copy the clips and put one over the other. Blur the bottom one as much as you want from Video FX.
    Then make a cookie cutter over the top video and it will show through to the bottom with a blur just in that area
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KayAt
    If you are using Sony Vegas, you copy the clips and put one over the other. Blur the bottom one as much as you want from Video FX.
    Then make a cookie cutter over the top video and it will show through to the bottom with a blur just in that area
    If the subjects move around the frame you will have to keyframe the position of the cookie-cutter mask to keep the subjects blurred.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The simplest way I've found to do this is to use NewBlueFX's Pixelator plugin, part of our Video Essentials kit which has a lot of other handy, everyday, bread-and-butter effects.

Yup, I know you can do it with what Vegas has built-in, but it tends to be a lot more time-consuming. There's a short, sweet demo clip on that page I linked, showing a license plate blocked out. Come use the trial and see how it works for you! NewBlueFX works consistently across a variety of hosts... so just in case you aren't using Vegas, chances are high you're covered anyway.

Disclosure: I loved the NewBlueFX plugins so much that I'm presently working for them.
    Quote Quote