VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got an LG DVD Recorder DR389. We used it to record videos from our videocamcorder since it's old school. We were able to transfer and record to a DVD but it won't play in my laptop. I don't know why. I tried to play the recorded DVD with my LG DVD Recorder and it works. Just won't work in my laptop tho. does anyone know why? any one pls help! thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Did you finalize the disc ??

If they are not finalized on the recorder they were made on they will show up as blank on most other drives.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    Did you finalize the disc ??

If they are not finalized on the recorder they were made on they will show up as blank on most other drives.
    I believe I have because I tried playing it in the DVD Recorder and it works fine. Any ideas?? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Test it in something other than the recorder. The recorder will be able to play the discs even if they aren't finalized.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    Test it in something other than the recorder. The recorder will be able to play the discs even if they aren't finalized.
    It won't play in other recorders. It should be finalized because the recorder shows that the disc is being finalized before you are able to eject it. I'm really confused.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can anybody tell me if it has something to do with the DISC RECORD MODE. It is currently in XP. There are also SP, LP, EP, MLP. Will that make a difference?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do you tell if the disc has been finalized? and if not, how do finalize the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i found it already! thanks so much guys for the help!!! much appreciated.
    Quote Quote