VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to buy camera for traveling. Anyone can help me? I want to buy a best quality and cheap digital camera. My budget is 120-150USD.

I hope the camera supports 3.0 Inch TFT LCD, 12M pixels, touch screen button and 8X Digital Zoom. Please kindly let me know the price and where I can buy. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    see if you can find something here...click on ratings
    www.camcorderinfo.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    www.camcorderinfo.com is for reviews on camcorders, not digital still cameras. For still cameras try www.dpreview.com. However, what you are asking for is not the way to go about it. For best quality you need maximum pixels and a decent lens with optical zoom. Digital zoom works by throwing away the edges of the image so you get poorer quality when you use it (on a 12M pixel camera at 3x digital zoom, you get a 6M pixel image). The LCD is only so you can see what you have shot without uploading the pictures to a computer and touch screen buttons are only a nicety.

In order of importance for quality, it's lens first, then Mega pixels. Everything else is purely to add weight, bulk and cost, not quality.
    Quote Quote