VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am working on a commercial project looking similar to the "ipod" publicity with people dancing on a flashy background (with "silouhettes").
    Something that i though not that difficult to do in AE, and indeed everything works fine, i create a animated mask and my silouhette is perfect.
    But there is a problem ... let's say i have my silhouette of a woman running in a resolution of 1920/1080, how can i zoom in until i only see the head (or anypart) without loosing the quality of the edges of my silhouette ?

The masks are vectors, so there should be a way to transform the mask into a nice silouhette, but everything i tested (transform, trackmate and some other tips) result in a blury edge. The solution could be to start a giant mask and dezoom ... but i am pretty sure there is an other way =)

In fact i would like to transform my mask into a silouhette with clean edges (vector quality) ... and zoom in/out without losing quality, is that possible ?

Hope somebody can help, and sorry for my english

Kiwi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kiwikiwi
    The solution could be to start a giant mask and dezoom ...
    That is the way I always do it. I use 1920x1080 source masks for SD and 4kx2k up for HD when I plan to pan and zoom into the frame. Same goes for graphic elements.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for answer, i ll do it that way then.

If anybody else has a better solution ... you can post here
    Quote Quote