VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CSULB71 View Post
    I know this discussion is about free software to play Blu-Ray discs on a PC, but since it is apparently so difficult to find a software that will work satisfactorily on most people's PC, or pay up to $100 for something like Total Media Player, why not just buy a "cheap" Blu-Ray player and connect it to the HD monitor (or HDTV if used as the monitor) and avoid all the hassle?
    Blu-Ray players are only a good choice for use with a TV. Unlike TVs, most monitors do not have built-in speakers or headphone jacks, or digital audio out. Also unlike TVs, most monitors depend on a video card to process video for them so it matches their actual resolution and has a frame rate of 60 Hz.
    Quote Quote  
  2. hi try ideer they seem good its also cheaper and if you have both mac and pc can get both software for only $60. yes as said vlc works but you have to add the accs file and libery file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Constant Gardener View Post
    PowerDVD 8 keeps insisting that I have to upgrade, yet it works. This is as "free" as I could get. I've only got a handful of Blu-Ray discs and have no incentive to buy special software for them.
    Yes, I'm quoting an old post.

You can disable the update nag in PowerDVD 7 & 8. Look here:

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?31495-How-do-you-prevent-PowerDVD-%287-and-8%...277#post260277

Versions 7 and 8 are the last ones that were okay, IMO. Lots of people got an install disc bundled with their BD drives. If you have a copy and a driver-level decrypter (AnyDVDHD or DVDFabPasskey), or you just want to use it to play your BD rips (as I do), you'd be in business.

I went back to PowerDVD 8 because the Digital Theater portion (basically an older version of TMT) of TME simply refused to install on my newest computer build with Win7 64-bit.

Never update PowerDVD. You'll be sorry...
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote