VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have downloaded from tape, about 60, 90 minute casettes to MP3 in audacity. My intention was to upload them on cd's or dvd'd to play in a cd/mp3 player. The files, after downloading, won't play. After reading on the net, I find I should have downloaded Lame as an encoder before uploading into my computer. The files say mp3 but I cannot get them to play in a mp3 cd player. Is there a way to convert them after the fact or is 100 hours of work down the drain?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So you successfully saved mp3's with Audacity on your PC's HDD, right? Now
    you've burned them to CD disc as mp3's and no go ,is that correct?..
    Is your mp3 CD player a car stereo or home sys..Have you ever a played a burned CD with mp3 files with said player? What burning app did you burn them with? What media type???? Need more details, else we're guessing...
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Audacity only needs Lame to output MP3s. It should load them without it. You would get a request for Lame when you try to save the files in MP3 format. If you already have Lame installed, then you would point Audacity to the Lame folder and .exe.

You can save in WAV format without having Lame installed, but the files will be very large.

Audacity may not handle MP3 VBR files well either. What type of MP3 are you using and what version of Audacity and Lame?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, when you burn to CD, you are not using a preset like "Create Audio CD" are you? Mp3 files must be saved to data CD.

You say nothing about your CD burning software. Plus, you are not clear as to whether the mp3 files will play at all on the PC itself. Did anything show up in Audacity?

You spent a hundred hours on this? It might have been wiser to experiment with a short audio piece first -- you know, to make sure things work -- before committing so much time to the project.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,at least the OP didn't offer a bounty...Sorry just had to throw that in... :P
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I burned with Nero 8 and used the MP3 Jukebox selection. I also tried just burning in Nero Burning Rom and it still won't work. I have burned MP3's in the past to cd and they play in my Lexus. These will play in the computer but won't play in the Lexus.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went back in and burned to a data cd and it still will not play in the Lexus or on a home cd player. It will play in the computer. I went into the file of Audacity and noticed I do have the Lame decoder. Now I don't know what my problem is.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using the same SW/tools,media, as you did on your previous successful burns?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, I believe I was using an earlier version of Nero.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try with IMGburn in build mode ,to build/burn a DATA CD.
    Also, BurnAware free, burrrn, CDXPburner pro......
    Maybe your players don't like the media..
    Quote Quote