VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Ok i just tried Audacity. I selected amplify and gave a minus 3db amplification. Is that what you did as well?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by therock003
    Ok i just tried Audacity. I selected amplify and gave a minus 3db amplification. Is that what you did as well?
    More or less. I started with a stereo source, deleted one track, duplicated the remaining track (so there would be two identical tracks), then attenuated the second track by 3 dB so you could see the difference between the original and the attenuated track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok i get it. Does overmodulation happens upon recording or during playback as well?

For example if i max out the volume on my headphones (from their volume controller) could that result for the sound to be delivered overmodulated?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Overmodulation happens any time you drive a device with more power/volume than it can handle. If you feed a pair of headphones a clean signal but at a hither power than they can handle you will get distorted sound and eventually burn them out. Of course, all you have to do to fix the problem is turn down the volume (unless you've already burned the headphones out). Most amps will distort if you turn the volume up too loud. Again, just turning down the volume fixes the problem. But if you record something too loud you can't fix it. The distortion is permanent. You can attenuate the recording but the distortion will remain. Just record it right in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi All, I am stuck with a problem could anyone of you suggest how I can fix this.

I use PHX-USB Numark Headphone Jack. The 3.5mm stereo cable has a issue and it does not work. The normal 3.5mm stereo jack does not fit my headphones coz it has thread type. Look at the below link

http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/images/stereo-jacks2.jpg

It looks similar to the black one.

Can anyone suggest where do I get such type cables online ?
    Quote Quote