VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have used to VobBlanker 2.1.3.0 to Split a DVD9 to two DVD5s. I intended to retain the Menu in Disc 2 but at the first instances as I play Disc 2 it should jump to the split title rather than to the Menu. Once the Disc 2 completes then the Menu should be displayed so that I can navigate to Extras content after the movie completes.

After splitting I can see the Menu in Disc 2 alright but Disc 2 is not jumping to the Split title.

How can I do that? I have DVDRemake, IfoEdit and PgcEdit.

Please help me out.

Thank you.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  2. PGCEdit. Highlight the movie, right-click and "Toggle pre/post breakpoint". That will make the movie turn red. Trace through the menu and to the movie, and then (up at the top) PGC->Jump to PGC Upon DVD Insert. Here's a guide:

http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/Jump2PGC/Jump2PGC_guide.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you manono

I have tried a number of times, but as i press the RUN button or Next PB button in Trace Mode, it never gives me any option to break at the main movie. It only gives me an option to Break (with the Break Window open) at the "Menu Page".

Am I missing something?
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  4. Am I missing something?
    Yes, keep going. At the menu page click on the "Play" button or whatever it's called to play the movie. It's probably green already. Then Select And Break, trace through the menu and then hit Next PB or Run until you get to the movie. Then PGC->Jump To PGC upon DVD Insert (assuming you made the movie red already with Toggle pre/post PGC breakpoint.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks manono for explaining...
    Now I am getting this error as I do "PGC->Jump To PGC upon DVD Insert" "ERROR: Wrong line selected in a valid PGC...
    Trace to the target PGC now and call this macro again..."

আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am little more familiar with DVD Remake, it should be easy.
    Open second disk in remake.
    In First play insert command to Jump to a Title listed in VMG Titles (your second part of the movie). It should be the only command there, unless there are command to clear registers, they can stay.
    At the end of movie, in Post command, Jump/Call to the VTS menu PGC where your second menu is.
    You can go only to selected menus, so if your menu is not Root, Audio or any priority menu, just assign one like that to it.
    There are a few option, just use one for assignment which is not already used, otherwise it will mess up navigation.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by src2206
    Now I am getting this error as I do "PGC->Jump To PGC upon DVD Insert" "ERROR: Wrong line selected in a valid PGC...
    Trace to the target PGC now and call this macro again..."
    Start the trace again. Up at the top, Trace->Trace Mode, and click on the upward pointing triangle at the bottom left to start at the beginning again. Trace from the First-Play PGC through the Main Menu and on to Part 2 of the Movie. Then go PGC->Jump To PGC upon DVD Insert. Once you get it, you'll be amazed at how easy it is.

As for the wrong line error, if there are 2 titles with the same part 2 of the movie, select the first or lower numbered title. Otherwise, I'm not sure what that might mean. In any event, following the instructions to run the trace again should get you going.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you manono and tinker

@tinker

Originally Posted by tinker
    In First play insert command to Jump to a Title listed in VMG Titles (your second part of the movie). It should be the only command there, unless there are command to clear registers, they can stay.
    Where should this command be inserted? Video Manager>First Play> Pre Commands/ Post Commands or Cell Commands?

I find that only the Cell Commands and Post Commands sections are empty, Pre Commands has a number of commands listed last one of which is "Jump VMG Title 1".

Secondly, should it be (the new command I mean) "Jump VMG Title" or "Jump VMG PGC"?

Thanks again.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by src2206
    I find that only the Cell Commands and Post Commands sections are empty, Pre Commands has a number of commands listed last one of which is "Jump VMG Title 1".
    The command should be in Pre Command section.
    If Tytle1 is your second part of the movie, than place that command first.
    You can use Debug to see where it leads.
    If you can post other commands there, I could make more sense of them.
    I hope that second part has only main movie and menu, if more let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thank you tinker

The commands are:

1.R[1]=0
    2.R[2]=0
    3.R[3]=100
    4.R[4]=0
    5.R[5]=0
    6.R[6]=16
    7.R[7]=100
    8.R[8]=0
    9.R[13]=0
    10.R[14]=0
    11.Jump VMG PGC 1/ Jump VMG Title 1 **
    12.Jump VMG PGC 11

**This line was entered by me manually. Originally the Line 12 was line 11. I have entered and tried either of these commands entered manually by me and then ran Debug, but it still starts from the Menu...

What should I do next?
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All the stuff up to line 10 is OK.
    If your movie is in VMG as Title1, than delete line 12 and change line 11 to
    Jump VMG Title1
    It should work.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello tinker

Thanks for your reply...

Here is the DVD Structure, it seems that the main movie is in the Video Title Set, so should it be VMG Title 1?

আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click on "VMG Titles" and see if that is the case. From what I can see Yes.
    You can highlight Title1 in VMG Title, right click and in drop down window click "Go to destination" It will jump to the Title.
    There is a red text showing in "Menu en" and "Video Title Set 5", it means that some commands are not correct there.
    Quote Quote