VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi -

I am working on a large project, and don't have a lot of time to do it, so I decided to use DVDfab cause its simple, and I simple, and relatively fast.

Anyway I have a question that maybe someone more wise then I could answer.

I am looking to encode a bunch of DVD, mainly movies so that that can be viewed via an xbox 360. Any way I have been trying to get the encoding right, something that will play on the 360.

I tried at first to encode in the mp4.h264.acc and while it encoded fine it would not play on the 360, I get an error code. however if I encode using the avi.h264.audiocopy it works. now is this an issue with the mp4 format an the 360 not being able to read it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ".acc" Do you mean .aac as in the Nero audio codec? Might not be installed and you need to DL and install the free AAC version that they offer. Hopefully others with DVDFab encoding experience chime in as I use StaxRip for such things.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to do the same thing. Please post what you determine to be the best format to stream to the XBox.

In the meantime, this link to XBox 360 codec requirements might show you why your file would not play. You can see that for h.264 only 2 channel aac is supported. This may explain why one file would play and the other would not.

I am looking for options that would allow me to preserve the 5.1 and 2 ch audio, while allowing decent encoding speed & quality. Currently trying the FairUse Wizard to accomplish this, but it seems to be much slower than DVDFab. I might look into StaxRip next as it is freeware.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.
    Quote Quote