VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need an app that does the same thing that dvd shrink does. My dvd shrink keeps CTD and I cant use it anymore, even after reinstalling it, so I would like a similar app. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Chuck Barris - CIA hitman. You better believe it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Rebuilder is similar, but re-encodes instead of transcodes. That will take quite a bit longer, but the quality may be better if you want the whole DVD or the movie is long. There is also ReJig, which is a MPEG transcoder, but would take quite a few more steps to recreate a DVD.

Other than that, not really a lot of freeware programs like DVD Shrink. Shrink is fairly basic, not sure why it wouldn't work. You do need to use a newer ripper with most modern DVDs as Shrink hasn't been updated in some time. DVDFab HD Decrypter is one recommendation.
    BTW, 'CTD'... 'Circling The Drain'?

Some other DVD>DVD programs are listed here, mostly payware: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/dvd-to-dvd
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could try deleting the DVDShrink analysis files. On my computer, it's in Documents and Settings -> All Users -> Application Data -> DVD Shrink.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am also having problems with DVD Shrink... whenever I select re-author it crashes EVERY time.

Get past this by simply ripping the main movie with HD Decrypter and then select Full Disk in DVD Shrink.
    Since all I ripped was the main movie that's all that gets burned.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lately people have been having problems with DVD Shrink that have installed IE8. If you have done this, uninstall IE8 and go back to IE7.
    Quote Quote