VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After two days of searching arround the www. for a good "how to" for remuxing MKV files . I found only useless and complicated ways and noneone really pinpointed the best way .

Everyone had thousend of diffrent ways and programs that they use and all of them are waist of time , I have tried every single program out there for a good and fast conversion none of them does the JOb...

EXCEPT MKV2VOB.. I stumbled upon this program by mistake as it wrongfully is placed in a wrong shelf. Its suposed to be only for PSP conversion .... But this is utterly and completly wrong ..

MKV2VoB does two things which none of the other programs do , it demuxes transcodes and remuxes the mkv file in a new container ,, which is Brilliant!!!

But this program has a brlliant function which people miss, It has a automatic transcoding option. The program detects if the mkv file needs transcoding or not to be played on THE PSP!!!

Most of the time it will not transcode which will lead to a very fast remuxing from mkv to vob but these files cant be palyed on media players.

!!!!BUT!!!!

If you want this program to remux any mkv file to be palyed on any player out there, the only thing you need to do is to set the TRAnscoding option on "ALWAYS" then voila mkv2vob will demux transcode and demux the mkv file to a recognised mpeg2 or xvid which can be in a new container without any quality loss or audio loss.....

Even though the size of the file will decreas the quality is still very high . I used mkv2vob for remuxing a blueray rip of wall 1080p x264 , I have a Fullhd tv 1080p my media player is 1080p, audio is via optical cable 6channels .

The pictures is absolutly brilliant not a single pixel or anything else is visible the sound is oustanding......

Conclusion:

1.Downlaod MKV2Vob
    2.add your file
    3.change the "transconding" setting to "Always"
    4. Wait
    5.Enjoy
    6. Donate MOney to the Guy who did this application...."3r1c"

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't you mean PS3?. Since mkv2vob is for the ps3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are you using to play this back on? You say "HDD player" which doesn't really say much as that could be any number of things.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote