VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently purchased 2 sets of DVDs from Australia (myself living in Maine, USA) and the DVDs will not play them. They are a series called "Without A Trace". The seller will not give me a refund and told me to "buy" a hack code. Is this legaL? Will it work? Where ever would I find such a place to buy the code? I have about $60 invested in this and would like to be able to use them. Thanks. Please e-mail direct if you would like..... meanhootowl@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    where did you buy them?

if you have a dvd burner, perhaps you could copy to your hard drive and reburn them

I saw a chipped remote to reset the code on ebay.uk...20 quid I think
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks so much for your response -- yes, I do have a DVD burner and will try that. And I will check out the remote, also. I bought the DVDs on eBay at a place called "mybargainaustralia.com" -- they really have no business selling this type of media in the states. Thanks again, and happy Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend. JoAnn
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may have to read the item description more carefully next time. That said: ConvertXtoDVD performs the best R4 to R1 conversions that I've seen to date. There may be other software, but I'm not familiar with it. You may be able to play it with a region free DVD player - I have a Coby cheapo unit that plays region free - and it's not hacked???
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for your response. I wouldn't have known what that description meant anyway - it should have been stated more clearly. Just taught me not to buy out of the U.S. -- at least I would have some alternatives from eBay. Most likely I "done been burnt". LOL Thanks again and have a good weekend. JoAnn
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People need to be aware of region code and video format issues when ordering DVDs from a source outside their own country. Ripping the disc and changing the region code isn't too hard, but converting PAL video to NTSC (or vice versa) and getting a good result requires more expertise.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You have a great point -- we should be more aware - I am not an electronics whiz and don't really understand many of these things, but am learning !! Wouldn't have any idea on how to do the above. Thanks for your response. JoAnn
    Quote Quote