VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey got a couple of questions regarding this HD Capture Card. First off does this card work with Adobe Flash Media Encoder 2.5 i'm looking to use this HD Card to upload to a website, and was wondering if this even works with FME before I get it. Also do I need a stacked computer to use this card if i'm only uploading video not capturing it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by StEaLtHsHoT
    Hey got a couple of questions regarding this HD Capture Card. First off does this card work with Adobe Flash Media Encoder 2.5 i'm looking to use this HD Card to upload to a website, and was wondering if this even works with FME before I get it. Also do I need a stacked computer to use this card if i'm only uploading video not capturing it.
    Seems overkill for task. There is no hardware compression on this card. It dumps uncompressed video to the PCI bus. What are you capturing from?

See Adobe Forum listings
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=15&catid=628&thre...393373#5086107
    http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashmediaencoder/FME_DeviceMatrix.pdf
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yea I already been to their forums but no one answers. I just need to know if this Card works with Adobe FME if anyone knows or has it can they find out and let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm looking to use this HD Card to upload to a website, and was wondering if this even works with FME before I get it.

You don't need it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yea I already been to their forums but no one answers. I just need to know if this Card works with Adobe FME if anyone knows or has it can they find out and let me know.
    It doesn't work directly. Someone on the link above claims he can get it to work with a BlackMagic DeckLink after changing aac audio settings. The DeckLink is Intensity's big brother.

Better you use a capture card from Adobe's support list.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well i'm already using a card that's not on the list so that list doesn't have all the cards. I may just go with the Hauppauge HD PVR anyway if that works with Adobe FME.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    i'm looking to use this HD Card to upload to a website, and was wondering if this even works with FME before I get it.

You don't need it.
    I don't want to capture I just want to upload my broadcast.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So if I get the Hauppauge HD PVR can that be used with Adobe FME?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Deja Vu.

The HD-PVR hardware encodes to h.264. I doubt that could be transcoded in real time to flash even with a fast CPU. Especially for high definition.

There is some discussion of h.264 here
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=15&catid=628&thre...&enterthread=y

Most of the capture cards/tuners in the list are standard definition. They do list the Canon HV10 camcorder which outputs HDV/MPeg2 at various resolutions including 1440x1080, 1920x1080 and 1920x1440 but it also outputs normal 720x480/576 DV.

The other issue with HD h.264 is it loads the CPU fairly heavy for playback monitoring leaving less CPU for FME.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So you don't think it'll work with the Adobe FME program. Becuase I have the Dazzle DVC 170 and that doesn't work with the FME program but the Dazzle DVC 100 does. So what should I look for to let me know what works and what doesn't.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I don't understand. I must be missing something...

Do you need to do this project in real time? Can you do this offline and upload at a leisurely pace later? Most people capture something then convert it to h264/aac/.mp4 then embed into webpages later, or you can use the low quality older VP6F in .flv

Is there something specific about FME that you need in this project? Because you can embed videos with h264/aac/.mp4 ever since Adobe Flash 9.3 . You don't need FME for this.

Maybe it would help if you provided more information on what you are capturing & what you are uploading to?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That is what FME is all about, live broadcasting.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder/
    Adobe® Flash® Media Live Encoder 3 software is designed to enable you to capture live audio and video while streaming it in real time to Flash Media Server software or Flash Video Streaming Service (FVSS). When high-quality streaming is your priority, Flash Media Live Encoder 3 can help you broadcast live events and around-the-clock broadcasting such as:

Sporting events
    Concerts
    Webcasts
    News
    Educational events
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I don't need it in real time I'll tell you a little more about what I'm doing. I want to play my 360 games and broadcast to Justin.TV, but the only way to do that with good Quality you need FME and then broadcast to JTv which I already can do with my Dazzle 100. The way I have it whit my Dazzle 100 right now is split S-Video and Audio with my TV and the Dazzle. Open FME and my picture is on FME and my TV and I upload my feed to JTV.

All I want to know is if the BlackMagic Intensity or the Hauppauge HD PVR work with Adobe FME thats all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why the Intensity? Why do you need it? Or the HD-DVR?

Does this have to be HD?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I want to still use my 360 in HD either Component or HDMI like I said and those seem to be the only ones with either HDMI or Component inputs. Should I go to the Video Streaming forum instead?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I want to still use my 360 in HD either Component or HDMI like I said and those seem to be the only ones with either HDMI or Component inputs. Should I go to the Video Streaming forum instead?
    The Intensity places very high demands on the computer and produces extremely large uncompressed files (422GB/hr for 1080i) or large MJPEG files with high CPU utilization. Uncompressed capture requires a 2 to 3 disk RAID.

The HD-PVR produces small h.264 files in hardware with little load on the computer.

h.264 to flash conversion will take more computation than MJPEG to flash.

That is my input. Go find a flash encoding forum for recommended encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yea ill try but I don't think other flash programs work with the website. And they don't answer anything over there.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Is FME somehow linked or integrated to justin.tv ? Is the limitation imposed on you by justin.tv?

Do you upload directly from (through)FME ? or from a file in any directory?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yup I run it from FME right to Justin.TV it Streams directly to the server I can show you if u click this link a sample of me playing but I want a HD picture on my end instead of SD. http://www.justin.tv/stealthshot
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you see what I mean?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Not really ? Is that real time or is that old footage already uploaded? Are you streaming currently from your PC? Right now I see a hockey game ?

Are you suggesting that you are limited to FME by that site, and have no other options?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's real time I was playing on my 360 and I split cables one in my Tv and one in my CAP card and i'm using FME to upload to JTv. I think thats the only thing I can use for that site yea. Thats why I just want a simple answer about those two card but nobody wherever I go.
    Quote Quote  
  23. OK now I understand LOL...sorry for the round about responses in this thread, but that added contextual information really is important to mention. Unfortunately it seems like nobody knows the answer to your original question

As edDV alluded to, realtime encoding of h264/aac HD material is taxing, so even if the capture device could integrate with FME, it would have a hard time encoding HD in real time even if you drop all the quality settings.

Another consideration is upload bandwidth for real time streaming HD content. You must have a big line to do that sort of thing without dropouts (or use low bitrate/low quality)

This is why most HQ HD game trailers are done offline then uploaded to a server.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't care about it being real time or not i'll take 20sec delay or even more. I think my band width is fine, http://www.speedtest.net/result/364455941.png i'm going to be upgrading my speed in about 2 weeks anway to 50,000 upload and 20,000 download. I just wish someone who had either one can see if it works with FME that would answer all my needs lol.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I guess I'll never find the answer unless I buy one.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I downloaded and installed FME. It can't get it to connect to the Hauppauge HD PVR capture device. It just says "problem with video capture device." Pretty much what I expected of Adobe.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Against my better judgment (hating Adobe products) I downloaded and installed FME. It can't get it to connect to the Hauppauge HD PVR capture device. It just says "problem with video capture device." Pretty much what I expected of Adobe.
    OMG your the best that's all I was looking for. Thought that would happen hopefully when the go to FME 3 they'll add more capture cards.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Does it work with any USB capture devices?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Does it work with any USB capture devices?
    Well it works with my Dazzle DVC 100 but not my Dazzle DVC 170 so no.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a bit of an old thread but I'm having the same problem. Now I know you can use the Blackmagic to stream to Justin.tv live using FME (I'm not sure you can use any other broadcaster software with J.tv?), A few other broadcasters there do it but I haven't heard back from them.

The main advantage of this is that you can still stream AND play while in HD. While other cards require you to use the old component cables and because of xbox video hookups the best you'll do is be able to stream in Component and play in SD. Or I guess maybe you could split the component cables maybe but yea... you see the point.

Now I have my setup as an hdmi cable from the xbox360 going into the video in slot of the blackmagic and then an hdmi going from the video out of the blackmagic to the hdmi monitor i have next to it. I thought this would be fairly simple setup but I'm not getting any signal from the output...I once started up FME and it turned the signal on and my monitor automatically switched over and I saw the xbox video on my monitor.

Does anyone have any information regarding the settings in the blackmagic intensity control panel and FME that I need to use to stream live xbox gaming? If you currently do it pictures of your settings would be nice.

Thanks in advance, hopefully I'll get some sound advice.
    Quote Quote