VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been ripping DVD's for years now with no issues. I have used DVD decrypter, DVD Shrink, and used Nero7 to burn. I have a new goal now and need help. My DVD player allows me to play video from an external HDD IF they are in a WM or AVI format. Lately I have been using fairuse to convert disks to AVI. The problem with that is the DVD player won't allow scene selection in AVI formats. Is there a way to store ripped DVD's on an external so I can watch them like an ordinary DVD disc was inserted? I don't want to carry the laptop and external over to the TV and hook up the s video cable everytime I want to watch a movie.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you are asking "Can I convert DVD to AVI and keep the menus and chapters from DVD?" the answer is "No".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    If you are asking "Can I convert DVD to AVI and keep the menus and chapters from DVD?" the answer is "No".
    Well the closest you can get is menus with DIVX ULTRA. But you need a divx ultra compatible dvd player.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote