VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello:

I'm new here (this is my second post) but since I just got my Canopus ADVC 110 and Firewire card I'll probably be back often.

I really wanted to use Windows Movie Maker to do some editing, but I'm finding that it won't play my MPEGs more than once after they're added in the timeline, and while DV-AVI's will play, they sound horrible! Some sort of tinny, metallic, low-fi distortion happening on the top end.

I've kinda given up on it so I'm moving over to ArcSoft Showbiz, but as stated in my other question on this forum, the ArcSoft is causing static noises around the transitions once I export the MPEG, so that's why I want to see what Movie Maker can do...if I could get it to work at all!

Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    welcome aboard
    cap and edit as dv-avi
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You don't have to give up when you know what can and will not be accepted by windows movie maker.

First port of call > http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found that in Windows Movie Maker the video and audio sound and look bad in the timeline, but when they're exported/saved, they look and sound fine! I guess it must just give you a rough version for editing. Thanks for the tips here.

In ArcSoft Showbiz, on the other hand, I'm finding that while MPEGs look and sound fine, AVI's look and sound bad in the program and after they're exported. Perhaps that will be another post...
    Quote Quote