VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Dell Dimension XPS R350 and just upgraded (Clean install) to Windows XP (Home). I previously had Windows ME loaded on this system and it played DVDs with out any problems. After installing Windows XP (and all available updates including SP3) and everything and loading the system I decided to try to play a DVD. Now the Audio when playing a DVD or DVD (.vob) files, skips the video picture plays smoothly but the audio is jumping. This does not happen when playing a avi, mpg, mpeg, or standard mp3 file only when playing .vob files either from a DVD itself or from the hard drive. The original sound card is built into the motherboard and has a Crystal Chipset, I even disabled the crystal audio and inserted a Sound Blaster 16 card with no improvement. This occures with various DVD playing programs, MS Media player, Nero Showtime and others. I have swapped out cables, drives and even CPUs, motherboards with out any difference. This all started due to I installed a Lightscribe DVD burner and found out that it does not support Windows ME so I installed XP. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the cause or the resolution to this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Search Comp PM
    Double posting is not a good idea and will only get you into trouble. I have started responding to this version of the request : https://forum.videohelp.com/topic360067.html and will ask the mods to close off this post.

In future, if you find you have posted in the wrong forum, click on Report this Post (small link in your original post) and as a mod to move it for you.
    Read my blog here.

3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    rbrown871, Do not post the same topic on several forums.
    Please do not cross post, once is enough.

Continue in: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic360067.html

Moderator redwudz