VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I'm trying to make a dvd with a simple menu. I have VOB files so I don't want to run it from another authoring program like Cyberlink PowerProducer and Adobe Encore in order not to loose any quality. Is there a program that will allow me to create a dvd with my custom image and insert 5 text links only on that image and just use my vob without reprocessing them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    authoring programs don't usually re-encode if the input is dvd spec. they will want to de-mux into separate video and audio streams. there is no loss of quality in de-muxing, so you should allow that.

find an authoring program to your liking. my favorite is dvdlab pro.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I created the movie from my camcorder with Cyberlink PowerProducer but its dvd menu could not make my menu look the way I wanted to. I saved the VOB files from that and tried using it with Adobe Encore CS3. Which does not accept VOB files. So I had to convert them to mpg and then it re-encoded the files and there was a noticible quality loss. That is why I looking for a program that will just let me create the menu without playing around with the VOB files. I'm looking for a way to just include them in a video_ts folder like you would an image for a webpage after you wrote the code.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a vob isn't dvd spec without the ifos and bups from the authoring program. you will need to redo it.

check out the 30 day demos of dvdlab, tmpgenc dvd author, or any others on the tools/authoring(dvd) page.

there is the freeware dvdauthor and gui on that page also.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have all the IFO and BUP files. I created a DVD folder without a menu. It would be very tedious to recreated the whole movie. Too many effects, clips and scenes. That is why I wanted an easier way out. I will try to progs that you recommended. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IF Encore rejected the files and re-encoded, then your PowerProducer output may have been set incorrectly, not to DVD spec.

There are so many variables here.

TDA would author fine, but only if the files are to-spec. And then TDA is limited in menu quality too.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote