VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok here is the project I have to do. I need to combine and put on a dvd 1 pdf file and a 1.5 minute mpeg. I need to add to mpeg a signature. What program out there i can use to combine all two elements. I have rocio 10, i will check it out later on when i get home, maybe that has something for it. I also have full version of DVDFab where i can convert the mpeg to generic file. I guess. Any ideas would gretaly be appreciated. Ideally i want to present this project on a printable dvd (i can come up with the picture for the cover) and present to the directors of my company, i hope there is something simple outhere that can make my project look professional. Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If this is out of the scope of your abilities, you shouldn't be doing it for your job. You can't be coming to a message board every time you need to do a work project. Besides, there are plenty of guides to show you how to do what you are requesting.

With the slap on the wrist out of the way, here's what you can do:

1. Use an editing sftware, like virtualdubmod or any mpeg editor to ad a watermark (or if that is not your intent, add credits or a title).
    2. Next, author the mpeg to DVD with any authoring app (like Roxio).
    3. Use Imgburn to compile an iso, including the VIDEO_TS folder and pdf in the root (or in its own folder), then burn to disc.

This is all assuming that you want to burn to DVD for greater distribution. If not, and for simply using it on a PC, then burn the files directly to disc.

Either way, burn to a printable disc and use a disc printer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help, sorry did not know that i was asking for too much. This forum always helps me. I will do my best with what info you gave me. Hope i did not break any rules.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not the forum rules that you are breaking, it's basic work ethics. You are going to be completely fucked in the (probably near) future if you have to seek external help for any work project. I've seen it happen many times. People think that they can take on a new skill set, thinking that it's fun or lucrative, but getting in way over their heads. Soon enough, it shows, and they are out on their asses.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got it thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You never stated how the final video will be viewed. If it is only viewed on computers, that may be fine for looking at the PDF file. However, there are absolutely, positively NO standalone, set-top DVD players that are going to display PDF documents. You would have to convert to a video-legal bitmap and then set the duration and navigation parameters using your DVD authoring program (which DVDFab is NOT).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Viewed on PC sorry about that. Trying to do it now.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would think that a 1.5 min mpeg and pdf documents might be small enough to fit on a data cd disc. Evidently this will be a data disc for PC access and not a DVD-compliant authored disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I should have said to include Media Player Classic or VLC, JIC. You could even autorun it to play the video when inserted.
    Quote Quote