VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using Windows Vista SP1 and Sims 2 (4CD) game. I am installing the backup copy of the game as my original is broken. It is a full backup and installs well, however, when trying to run it, I get messages such as "insert disc 1 into disc drive" and when looking for a solution, you need to download an updater which I did, I inserted disc 4 as requested, but still no luck, it keeps asking for disc 4 but nothing keeps happening. I heard there are patches and cracks but I don't know where to look and which ones to use, can anybody help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    gamecopyworld used to be a good place to look for such things......... usually a nocd "patch" is required.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Copies often don't have the CD check files/system. So although the game will install, it will never play.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    gamecopyworld used to be a good place to look for such things......... usually a nocd "patch" is required.
    Thank You, works perfectly, I used that site before, but I never did find it again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Other things to try, of course, would be running the game as admin, or editing the shortcut's properties and telling it to run in XP compatibility mode.

Perhaps EA/Maxis have a patch you can download, if they have a website for the game. Or a forum where you can ask about it.

(BTW, is the game being discontinued, or something? I want to get it (Double Deluxe, at least) just for fun, but Wal-Mart's suddenly marked all the Sims 2 titles down by half, or more, and it's almost impossible to find, there. So, I'm just curious.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Those were the first things I tried, it didn't work because I am using a backup copy of the game instead of the original.

As for the game, I don't think its discontinued, its one of the most popular PC games ever.
    Quote Quote