VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm sure that this has been asked countless times but I can't seem to find the answer.

After searching around newsgroups for movies I have noticed that they all are broken up into section (.r01, .r02, etc...)

My question is what Mac program do you use to put the pieces back together in a watchable format. I'm not concerned about burn to disc, yet. I would just like to be able to watch them on my desktop.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is it a mov file? You can combine them with quicktime. If its mpg im not sure if you can but just mess with things and see what happens...
    Quote Quote  
  3. All u need is winrar.
    To unzip .zip file u need winzip.
    Similar way to unzip all (.rar, .r00 .r01 etc) u need winrar. I'm not sure winrar is available for mac? why don't u search "winrar" using yahoo or lycos
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You will need winrar to put the files back together again. I just looked at their site and it looks like they have a version for mac. Check out http://www.winrar-usa.com/html/downloadfreestart.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get home. Now I need to hunt around for some good movies to try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. stuffit expander 6 handles rar files (as well as zip), you just drop the first file
    Quote Quote