VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got my Blu-Ray of The Clone Wars in from Amazon today, but I did not get my Blu-ray player yet. So I decided to try out the digital copy. After I entered the authorization code it made me update windows media player because of the drm. After that windows media player opened up and asked for the friggin code again, so I put it in again, and now it wont play. I copied the files to my hard drive, but I get the same results. It asks for the code, I put it in, and comes up with a script error, goes to the internet and errors out there. Is there a work around for this crap? Can I run the disc thru ripit4me like I do my other backups? Thanks for any response.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member 1st class
    Search Comp PM
    Is the digital copy on the Blu-Ray disk or a DVD extra disk?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is an extra disk. I upgraded Ripit4me and it says it is not a DVD. Odd, because it has to be due to the file lengths. I went ahead and upgraded to wmv11, and it sends me to a page to update again, yet that does nothing. Just gonna wait till me blu-ray drive shows up. I thought it would be easy to just watch the digital copy...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member 1st class
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like the extras disk is Blu-Ray, too. That means you can't access the digital copy unless you have a BR-ROM on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you can see the files and file sizes without a BD drive the disc is obviously not a BD disc. I'm sure RipIt4Me says it's not a DVD because it's not a normal movie DVD. If you call Microsoft they'll say it's Warner's problem. If you call Warner they'll say it's Microsoft's problem. Ain't DRM wonderful?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've got a couple of these, most recently, the Hulk BR release. The digital copy (at least the one bundled in my BestBuy release) is on a separate disc that is labeled as a DVD. I have yet to bother trying to use that copy as I fear for what it may install on my machine, DRM wise.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ripit4me is a collection of outdated programs that have been discontinued for some time. You would need to use either dvdfabhddecrypter or anydvd to rip the disc.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded trial versions of anydvd and dvdfab Hd decrypter Thanks for the heads up with the outdated Ripit4me. I have not backed up anything for over a year now. AnyDVD says my drive that the digital copy disk is in, is not ready, so I can't do anything with it. I tested other dvd's and it rips them fine. I then tried dvdfab and it scans the source media, but does nothing afterwards. There are three folders on the disk: config, DVDrom, wmv. I does not appear the disk is a normal dvd structure. Not sure what to do. Other dvds work fine with either software.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to when you put the DVD in? Then opening anydvd before you put the DVD in?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the wmv folder probably has the wmv version and needs wmp and is the drm'd copy. fairuse4wm or freeme2 may help with that. to try and redo the drm code delete the drm folder on your computer and start over.

there may a normal dvd version in the dvdrom folder. but by inserting the dvd and allowing autorun to start the dvd, it may have installed rootkit like protection without asking.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote