I've spent about 4 hours on this so far and give up. I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm in the process of converting my DVDs to AVI files for playback on the HTPC, and was going through without issue until recently. I've been pulling the files off using DVD Decrypter then running them through AutoGK (XviD, fixed 640 width, VBR MP3 @ 128 kbps) and setting the file size to 175mb / ~22 mins of content.
I've been ripping a TV series recently (all 1-hour episodes) and had set things to be a 350mb output. My first season went OK (All files roughly 350mb) but then I took a break for a while... and when I went to rip season 2, they're all coming out between 230mb and 310mb.
Settings haven't been changed, but I can't say for sure whether or not new software has been installed - it's a shared computer.
Any thoughts or ideas?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Post the log.
Sounds like the problem of incompatible Xvid version installed. Probably was overwritten by a codec pack. Should be able to uninstall XviD and remove windows dir. xvid files then install 2.48b-update again [as long as you already have 2.45-stable installed]. 2.45 contained an incompatible XviD that 2.48b fixed. Probably want to use DVDFAB HD Decrypter to avoid any protection schemes. ps DVDShrink in re-author mode makes a great cutter b4 encoding.
Yes, I had a similar problem: after installing v 2.45 I did the update to v 2.48. According to the Change log an older version of XviD must be used. However the older version of XviD was not actually installed while updating AutoGK: probably because Windows won't allow replacing a new XviD version by an older one.
After manually installing the correct XviD version the problem disappeared.
Hope this helps.
That may be true Ruut, when installing 2.45 I un-tick the XviD install option and then run 2.48. I believe the undersize problem only happens when using ESS option.