VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've got four mkv files, all of which only display the first frame of video. The audio plays fine, I'm using VLC. Other mkv files I have play fine.

EDIT: Scratch that. Another one I've got plays fine for a few seconds, freezes, comes back for a few seconds, freezes...the audio's always fine though. And a sixth is a one-frame piece too.

I've played mkv files fine previously, but I can't get any of these to work.

What's the problem here?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try play with another player like mpc-hc together with ffdshow. Or Smplayer or kmplayer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mpc-hc and kmplayer both play it in slow motion, smplayer plays it even slower than slow motion. One frame per second or so. The audio's still fine though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you ever been able to play the videos in question with no problems before?

Run all of the MKVs through a utility like MediaInfo (VLC also has a feature where you can get information on a video, but I'm not sure how thorough it is), and see if there's anything common to all of them, at least in the video stream. Are they HD MKVs? Your system might not be powerful enough to play them all at proper speed if they're extremely high-resolution.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote