VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,
    I'm trying to render in Lagarith in Vegas 8. What I put on my timeline is Lagariths 2 gig AVI chunks created with VirtualDub. I do this first to use powerfull deinterlacing, noise removal and sharpening. Avisynth is limited (or tougher to use) when it comes to color and level corrections. I put my VDub lossless result in Vegas, color correct and render again using Lagarith because I need this lossless source again for other needs. It is also really fast to re-encode in Lagarith.

Now Vegas has a 2gig file size limit when I use Lagarith. I made a test trying to render 1min of uncompressed AVI video and it was able to go over 2gig. Even if I try to render each 2gig chunk that I place in Vegas individually, it doesn't work, probably because the original 2 gig chunk becomes a tad bigger than the size limit.

What I could do is have Vdub render 1,9gig files instead of 2gigs and that would allow me to render each chunk individual in Vegas, but that is of course more time consuming.

So, is there a way to have Vegas render huge files in 2gigs chunk or have it deal differently with the 2gigs limit?

Thanks for any help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe use the debugmode frameserver and frameserve to virtualdub and save as lagarith.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrik,
    Thank you so much for suggesting this tool! I never thought about doing this, therefore I never looked for a tool to do it.

It did the job perfectly.
    Quote Quote