VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 12
    Last edited by Anonymous4; 11th Mar 2017 at 10:50. Reason: Scrubbing myself from the Internet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I remember a huge thread on the ADVC 100 because I was considering it at the time...something about holding a button down for 10 seconds or somesuch to defeat MV
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    I remember a huge thread on the ADVC 100 because I was considering it at the time...something about holding a button down for 10 seconds or somesuch to defeat MV
    Not all of the ADVC-100's could defeat macrovision. I think when I purchased mine it was a newer version of the ADVC-100 so the macrovision couldn't be defeated.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The IRE switch should be set to 7.5 in Canada and the USA. 0 in Japan.
    Quote Quote  
  5. 12
    Last edited by Anonymous4; 11th Mar 2017 at 10:49. Reason: Scrubbing myself from the Internet.
    Quote Quote  
  6. 12
    Last edited by Anonymous4; 11th Mar 2017 at 10:49. Reason: Scrubbing myself from the Internet.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Make sure your sound on your computer is turned up.
    Quote Quote  
  8. 12
    Last edited by Anonymous4; 11th Mar 2017 at 10:47. Reason: Scrubbing myself from the Internet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ADVC settings for Canada
    NTSC
    7.5 IRE
    Locked Audio

As for audio, it is uncompressed PCM at nominal levels. If the audio is low, that means input audio is low. Fix the source.

DIP switch settings allow 16bit/48KHz Stereo or 12bit/32KHz (intended for 4 channel) Normally, use the former.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  10. At a stretch, you may have an impedance mismatch between your source and the Canopus. How do other audio sources compare?
    John Miller
    Quote Quote