VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    I am trying to copy a VHS tape to DVD.

I use a Panasonic AG-7350 (repaired by myself) as source and a Dazzle DVC-170 as input to the computer.

Now the question: the tape I am working on has two audio tracks:

- one stereo track was recorded "camera audio" : the original speaks and so on
    - one stereo track has the "mixed" audio : music and so on - the audio you hear when you use the tape in a "normal" vcr

I would like to acquire in DVD the video and both audio tracks, creating a DVD with the option of choosing the audio track to hear.
    I am new in this sector of technology, but my impression is that I have to acquire video and all the audio tracks at once, without taking two passes (one pass: video and original audio, second pass: mixed audio) - because it would be rather difficult to "sync" all the tracks with two passes.

I think I could connect two audio channels to the two Dazzle audio inputs and the other two audio channels to the PC audio board input channels (can use a very good PCI audio board for this).
    I looked at Avid Liquid 7, but I cannot find a way to acquire video and 4 audio channels at once.

Maybe two passes with some sort of external sync...

Is there anybody who can give me some suggestions, please ?

Thanks !

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would be extremely easy to sync up, and it would be impossible to capture them together anyway. Easy for me, that is. It's mostly a matter of setting the first frame in an editor, and a last frame, and then cropping both videos to the same identical length. Then demux both, take the video from one, take both audio, and author in software that supported multi audio (TDA v3 is my suggestion).
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks, lordsmurf.
    Will surely try as you suggested... looks simple.

Just for curiosity... how much are the speed fluctuations of a pro VCR ?
    In other words... Given two runs of the same tape (say 1 nominal hour), how many seconds in time can they differ from each other ?

Thanks again,
    regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They won't differ. At most, the interlacing may be slightly out of step, but it'll only be 1 frame, so 1/25th of a second, nothing easy to notice at a splice mark, or even as an audio drift (if any).
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks m8 !

Regards
    Quote Quote