VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to do a favour for a relative who clearly has no idea of the time investment involved, I have been trying to get footage shot with my camcorder into iMovie to make a disc with. I have converted the original .TOD files into 1920 x 1080 MPEG-4 files, which reside in a local directory on my hard drive. Problem is that when I attempt to add a specific piece of footage to a project in iMovie, iMovie crashes. It was crashing intermittently throughout this project, but it seems completely stuck at this file and I have no idea why. Or where the problem is. Could it be something in the sound codec I chose? Or the media file itself? I am at my wits' end. I do not even know what information would help trace the cause of the problem.
    "It's getting to the point now when I'm with you, I no longer want to have something stuck in my eye..."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Nilfennasion
    I have converted the original .TOD files into 1920 x 1080 MPEG-4 files
    mpeg4 is not a valid format for editing (no ability to trim with accuracy, bugs with luminosity and transition, etc).
    Use the soft in my sign: I just add a converter from HD camcorder files (AVCHD and .TOD) to AIC (a quicktime format compliant with iMovie).
    It is not an ugly publicity, this module is free (but not the others features of the app)

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The main reason I chose MPEG4 from the options in MPEG Streamclip (which is what I also tend to use for the conversion because I was told it was the way to go) is because it was the first option I saw that allowed me to encode the files in 1080 res.

Is there another option in MPEG Streamclip I should be using?

I will give the program you mention a look-see. The more options the better at this stage.
    "It's getting to the point now when I'm with you, I no longer want to have something stuck in my eye..."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps try DV. iMovieHD (version '06) like DV best (as it is its native format and everything gets converted into that upon import).

If you're using iMovie'08, you may download the HD version from Apple's website for free but you need to have the '08 version installed already in order for the iMovieHD installer to work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Nilfennasion
    The main reason I chose MPEG4 from the options in MPEG Streamclip
    Mpegstreamclip is a great app (its author is a very good video technician)
    just specify AIC (AppleIntermediateCodec) for your exports, instead of MPEG4

I will give the program you mention a look-see. The more options the better at this stage.
    I wrote:
    Originally Posted by Herve
    Use the soft in my sign
    not clear enough? (aka MovieConverter )

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote