VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a table tennis video and I want to add score board in it. I made a screenshot of the video that I have seen in Youtube and this is exactly what I want to do. What is the best and easiest way to do this kind of editing? What software do I need. It will make it a lot easier for a first timer like myself if you can include some tutorial. Please see screenshot below.

Thanks.

Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Using a subtitle would be the easiest, otherwise you would have to re-encode the video. I would look into IDX/SUB formats as you have more options. Our Subtitle Forum: https://forum.videohelp.com/subtitle-f44.html The 'stickies' at the top should get you started.

Other options: Maybe use a logo filter to add a logo of a scoreboard, but you would probably have to create a new one for each score change and encode that with the video. What format is the video in at present?

But someone may come up with a better solution.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is in MPEG video but I usually convert it to WMV to reduce the volume/size of the file.

Which one get a better quality result and easier to do: Add the sub while it is still in MPEG then convert to WMV or add the sub when the file is already converted to WMV?

Is this "SubtitleCreator" will do the any of the above mentioned job? If not, please suggest the name of the software (commercial of free version is fine).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote