VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I stumbled onto Media Center Control, which i thought would have done the trick.. it didnt work.. the test program said it couldnt find ffdshow, which was installed..

I also found registry hacks to allow the files to show up in the video library, which they now do, but attempts to play them state that the video cannot be played..

I think that in conjunction with mymovies, i could probably jerry rig something,but this isnt practical.. as i have a lot of camcorder files that i havent finalized into bluray format, m2ts files, that i'd like to be able to view in media center..

Also.. short of media center, is there a way to view these short of clicking one at a time, almost like queue an entire folder up somehow and hit forward as i want to move to the next one (IE: maybe media center or powerdvd, but somehow without doing manual creation of anything)..

Thanks
    Check out my Editing thread post located here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14322602#post14322602
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using a media extender like a xbox 360? If so try streaming with tversity. You should have better flexibility with it.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Are you using a media extender like a xbox 360? If so try streaming with tversity. You should have better flexibility with it.
    While i do have a 360, i'm actually switching to the PC screen in the other room now (bluray playback).. So this one doesnt really apply.. i'm speaking strictly from the pc (media center)..

I did try tversity awhile back, but i didnt like it that much, ie: you couldnt skip forward and backward very easily.
    Check out my Editing thread post located here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14322602#post14322602
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you play the m2ts with windows media player? It should work if you have ffdshow (and I think haali media splitter) installed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Can you play the m2ts with windows media player? It should work if you have ffdshow (and I think haali media splitter) installed.
    Yeah, media player is fine, just not Media Center.
    Quote Quote