VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok here is my situation. I sometimes have to burn 10-80 inkjet printables dvd-r Taiyo Yuden. I use the small post it notes to put names of the files taht are on the dvd's, but when i print later on the pictures, i see a small patch where the glue of the post it note was, therefore it looks bad. Any ideas what i can do. I cannot print right after i burn becasue i need to get the info on what i need to add to disk to print on and that is usually next day. So i use the post it notes and now my boss wants quality work and does not like the way the look after it prints. I tried putting no labels on the and then wait later on and place them in the dvd player to retrieve the info, but that's a bit time consuming. Is there a small label or different post it notes or anything that i can do to label these without leaving any residue of glue on them. Thanks All.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After burning each one put it in a paper sleeve and write on the sleeve with a pencil the name of the dvd, so you can erase it later. Remember not to get it out of the sleeve until ready to print so you don't mix them up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For maximum protection of the burned DVD-R, I put them into plastic CShells. I can write on the plastic with a Sharpie all the info that I need to later create a label. After the disk is printed, a little alcohol easily removes the writing.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26 14' 10.16"N -- 80 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks all easy ideas, I should have thought of it, what if you store in spindles alot of movies over 100, just asking since i saw some spindles on my boss office with small post it notes, perhaps i can advise him. Are there any post it notes that can go on the inner circle where you can right the names of the movies and not hurt the dvd outer area? Just asking, thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try using isopropyl alcohol (Rubbing alcohol) to remove the post-it residue. It won't harm the DVD surface. Use a soft paper towel. The 99% isopropyl has less water, so is usually a better choice.

But paper envelopes are a better choice for temporary labeling. You can buy them in a package of 100 or more for a low price. One source: http://www.supermediastore.com/psleeve.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try using isopropyl alcohol (Rubbing alcohol) ? So on the printable side of the dvd, the rubbing alcohol wont rub off the surface where it prints? I can use that if that works. Will try it.
    Quote Quote