VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed a lot of Users experiencing Vista's problem with Printer been "Offline" after a wake, none PC activity, or simply just Offline. In order to use the printer, it must add / reinstalled printer software to get it back "Online." I have this problem with the printer board before it solved by replaced it, but this probelm of "Offline" did not go away on one Vista machine.
    Printer uses TCP/IP protocol via Netgear Gigabit N edition router, with Printer static IP reservation address.

Machine 1. Desktop Vista-32 Home --> Printer shows "Offline"
    Machine 2. Laptop Vista-32 Home --> Printer ok "Online", however, it is inconsistent, one Vista works, but the not the other.
    Machine 3. XP Pro --> Not an issue. Works fine.
    Both Vista machines seems to have the latest vista update. No hotfix available to found to fix this problem. It a well known issue, this made me believe is Vista, file corrupted, registry? Not exactly sure.

Any suggestions how to fix the Vista Printer "Offline?"

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have several computers with Vista installed at work and at home and I have never experienced this problem. Are you using Vista printer drivers? If not, you can expect problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try using the following commands:

NET STOP SPOOLER
    NET START SPOOLER

This will set the operating sysm Print Spooler service. And reset the Offline status of all your printers.

Also may be executed as :
    NET STOP "Print Spooler"
    NET START "Print Spooler"

Good luck
    Geocoga
    Quote Quote