VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I just ripped a DVD using Shrink DVD, but it gave me about 94 files!!! 3 major 1GB files and some 90+ extras.
    What I'd like to do is select the 3 main VOB files and add 6 or 7 smaller VOBs varying in size (from 54MB to 194MB), then burn one DVD that has my own selected files.

Any advise on how to do that is appreciated.

I also have one more request/question, which I'm not sure if it belongs in this section or not,
    but here its is anyway: When I play the original DVD on my TV it takes up all the TV screen (looks kind of odd).
    Is there a way now that I have ripped and extracted the VOB and IFO files to re-encode those files so that the the video resolution is like 352X240 or something like that...which can be displayed on TV w/o taking up the whole TV screen?

Thanks in advance!

-PM
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use the reauthoring mode in dvd shrink if you want to make a new dvd from various clips from a dvd. You can't do much from just vob files. http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php .

Why does it look odd when it take up all the screen? You can reconvert with black borders but I don't see why as you will lose quality. Use for example xvid4psp, tmpgenc xpress, total video converter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick!
    Quote Quote