VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I'm working on a video mashup for my visual studies class in university and have a film thats source is 2.35:1 -- I'm trying to convert it to .mov (with the DV compression) so it plays nice in final cut pro but am having a real hard time getting the right settings in MPEG Streamclip.

Can someone tell me how I should set my settings so that my picture isn't distorted I'd be very greatful!
    :: ehmjay.
    Quote Quote  
  2. your resultng DV will be a 16:9 DV or not?
    if yes, just add (height*1/8) in top and bottom in MPSC
    eg: source height 480px, add (480*1/8)=60px top and bottom (and keep width)

(I didn't verify it in MPSC, but must be OK)
    bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont know if this was the PROPER thing to do, but I went and checked the actual frame size of the VOB file, used the same values in MPSC and things looked like it was fine.

For the record the frame size used was 720x404

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong... it was much easier than I thought. I merely had to export it without changing the settings (leave it as 4:3, and set to DV-NTSC in the radio buttons) and Final Cut recognized it as 16:9 and it worked just fine. While in Quicktime it looked like distorted 4:3 FCP was smart enough to know what to do with it.

if I flagged it as 16:9 in MPSC and used the 720x404 it would look find in quicktime, but once I brought it into FCP it was too wide and wouldn't play nicely.
    :: ehmjay.
    Quote Quote  
  4. cool for you
    (but you talked about a 2:35 source file, and in fact, your file was 720/404=16:9, no need for special setting)

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote