VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a media generated text frame on track 2 about 10 seconds long. Black background and white text. The text says Gravity. I would like a red ball, representing an apple, to fall from above. I presently can do this with the word Apple in a transparent text window in track one by using key frames. I'm sure that I can replace the event in track one with a small red ball using a png format, and creating the image as transparent in Paintshop. Here's the question. Is there perhaps a library of such objects, transparent background, somewhere? Balloons, cars, trucks, planes, cartoon characters, smilies, rockets, ...?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    google for clipart. Anything that is gif or png will most likely have a transparent background. If not, it is easy enough to add.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    what editor are you using? I know premiere and photoshop will let you create/import a multi-layered psd file and manipulate the layers individually.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After experimenting a lot with PSP (Paintshop Pro), I pulled it off. The key to it was optimizing the png (or gif) file instead of just saving it. In PSP, one needs to use Export to make it happen and not Save As. However, there are a variety of choices in how to specify the transparent part of the image. An important part of getting it right is not to save the file, just operate Export directly with the image shown.

I came away with a better understanding of PSP outside this issue. I have marginally used it over the years. Most for putting arrows on names on photos. I use an old PSP, 7, but it has animation support. That intrigues me, so I may use it in the near future. For my current purpose, I can use Vegas to produce what I need for a falling apple, etc.
    Quote Quote