VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi guys im a newbie please dont flame me but here goes
    ive been using guides etc and been making vcd rips and super vcd rips recently and using tmpng encoder i just saw the template to unlock functions and was wondering a couple of things

a real good looking vcd what bitrate and other settings to make a really good vcd that will fit on 2 80mins cds? i use dvd avi method etc

and secondly with tweaking with settings can i adjust settings so i can fit a svcd onto 2 80 min cds? normal movie 90-100 min movie 3 cds for 2 hrs or more? and will i inccour problems when burning with nero? max 40 mins or something?
    ok thanks for youre time and please nobody reply with use bitrate calc and thats it!! i need help and u guys are the best for advice thanks see ya
    davidc78@optushome.com.au
    Quote Quote  
  2. for vcd you cant do much(or anything for that matter) with the bitrate if you want to remain within the spec. for svcd encode cbr or multiplass vbr & use a bitrate calculator if you want to make damn sure your project will fit. nero may complain about a number of things, but if you know what you're doing it wont actually prevent you from doing anything
    Quote Quote  
  3. With 80 min. CDs, SVCD:

- 45 min video, 2350 Kbits/s Video, 160 Kbits/s audio CQ_VBR 90-100
    - 50 min video, 2150 Kbits/s Video, 160 Kbits/s audio CQ_VBR 70-80

Burn a few CDs and try...
    Quote Quote