VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, everyone.
    I posted a thread 2 hours ago and it disappeared. I'm going to repeat it.

I have a SANYO DVD7310DVS and I ask you two things:

1) Some lines of the movies (SRT files) don't appear and the times and the
    punctuation are not wrong. Those lines are displayed in other DVD I have. Why?

2) Is it possible with this DVD alter the size and the color of the subtitles?

My other DVD is a Philips DVP630 and now the last line of subtitles (SRT) remains
    on the display till the end of the movie and so doesn't obbey to the final time.
    What's will be the problem?

Thank you and cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    .srt screen subtitles are generated by the player from a text file with timing references. You would need to make settings changes in the player to change how they look. Have you checked them with a word processor or Notepad for errors?

It's also possible that your subs are being cut off by the TV or the display you are using.

A srt file looks something like this:

00:00:20,000 --> 00:00:24,400
    In connection with a dramatic increase
    in crime in certain neighbourhoods,

00:00:24,600 --> 00:00:27,800
    The government is implementing a new policy...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jomapil
    Hello, everyone.
    I posted a thread 2 hours ago and it disappeared. I'm going to repeat it.

I have a SANYO DVD7310DVS and I ask you two things:

1) Some lines of the movies (SRT files) don't appear and the times and the
    punctuation are not wrong. Those lines are displayed in other DVD I have. Why?
    SRT has nothing to do with DVD. You are looking at Divx or Xvid files.

I have a Philips DVD player (the old DVP-642) and sometimes it just doesn't display a few subtitles. It seems to be a flaw for Philips.

Originally Posted by Jomapil
    2) Is it possible with this DVD alter the size and the color of the subtitles?

My other DVD is a Philips DVP630 and now the last line of subtitles (SRT) remains
    on the display till the end of the movie and so doesn't obbey to the final time.
    What's will be the problem?
    This is a known problem with Philips DVD players. There's no fix for it that I know of.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good day

Thank you Jman98 and Redwudz for your help.

The (few - 2 or 3) lines cut off I tried two different displays and it's the same - it is nor from the displays.

I tried my two DVDs : Sanyo cut off those lines but Philips no as well as SubtitleWorkshop - Conclusion : the problem is the Sanyo DVD. I don't know what to do. Take it to the seller to adjust the eventual damage?

Cheers and a good week-end.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is either something wrong with SRT files (the fact that they work in one of the players, doesn't mean there isn't something wrong), the Sanyo doesn't supoprt SRT, or the Sanyo is just having trouble reading the SRT files.

So you can attempt to fix/correct the SRT files, fix the player (firmware update if availble), or replace the player.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote