VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been searching for so many programs so I can download video from NBC, CBS etc. I'm not really looking for a screen recorder. I need a program that captures the video from NBC and CBS.com etc. I know it can be done, because i know others know how to do it. So can anyone tell me how this is done?? pleaseeee
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah i did..it only catches the ads
    Quote Quote  
  4. you think the one for YouTube will work for NBC?

http://www.redkawa.com/blog/post.php?t=40425
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. YouTube videos are easy to download. Getting NBC/CBS videos are not that simple.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone know of another way to do this? or another program than can???
    Quote Quote  
  7. Forget it, unless you know some Ukranian hacker kid who'd be willing to try. The major networks and other "branded" sites do NOT under any circumstances want you to download their libraries: those free viewings are site specific. If they could be easily lifted, no one would buy the paid downloads or DVDs. Its not in their interest. So the usual crop of video grabbers won't work: if they do, they'll only grab the advertisements that you *don't* want (clever, huh?).

Last week one of my friends was desperate to get one of the recent Tina Fey bits from SNL. The only workaround I could manage was hooking up the "full screen" nbc.com video/audio output of their Mac Mini to their standalone DVD recorder, then rip the DVD file into H264 for the iPod. This gives better results than grabbing the crummy-quality, butchered, unauthorized youTube segments, but its way too much work except in an emergency and only for a short clip. Totally not worth it for an actual full TV show.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Replay Media Catcher actually did work! It's works really well. It wasn't working before, but then i updated the program and now it works just fine. thanks for your help guys!
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    "one of the recent Tina Fey bits from SNL"

Yeah, embedded network-site stuff like this with a very high want-to-see factor is very well defended. They are invisible to the Unplug FF extension or to Orbit Downloader. If Replay or SnagIt handle this, you'll have to pay for it. If Orbit gets to the point where it can do this, it will graduate from the "often effective" category to the very top tier, and then we can really be impressed. I usually don't care for the user-contributed YouTube versions either, which may only be up for a short while anyway before they get pulled.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Replay Media Catcher actually did work! It's works really well. It wasn't working before, but then i updated the program and now it works just fine. thanks for your help guys!
    What did you do? Did you press the record button or did you use the "Download" tool? If you used Download tool what did you type in? Like where is the videos stored/located on NBC.com?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank You!! Replay Media Catcher worked perfectly the very first time. This is the only download that has worked for me.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Daaaaamnn!! I gotta get me Replay Media Catcher!!! I did go to hulu.com yesterday and i recorded the Jonah Hill monologue from SNL on saturday by using RTMPHELPER. It sometimes works with hulu videos, and sometimes doesn't. What i am curious about is the RTMPHELPER file, and the RTMPDUMP file. What's the difference? Do both of them work the same?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Don't count on it working for much longer. They're constantly changing protocols.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by snafubaby View Post
    Daaaaamnn!! I gotta get me Replay Media Catcher!!! I did go to hulu.com yesterday and i recorded the Jonah Hill monologue from SNL on saturday by using RTMPHELPER. It sometimes works with hulu videos, and sometimes doesn't. What i am curious about is the RTMPHELPER file, and the RTMPDUMP file. What's the difference? Do both of them work the same?
    You have your own thread on the topic of recording from NBC.com that you started yesterday. You hardly needed to grave rob to post this.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Don't count on it working for much longer. They're constantly changing protocols.
    You are replying to a post from 2008.
    Quote Quote  
  16. With all the power of these newfangled computers and the interwebby thing, maybe there's a computer guru somewhere who could make it possible to automatically close a thread after a certain length of time since the last post, requiring a new thread?

Just a thought . . . . Mods?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the Files are encrypted, can someone help?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Deceased
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by RBCC View Post
    I think the Files are encrypted, can someone help?
    I mentioned a downloader (that works on nbc) in your original thread on this subject. It seems that you ignored that post and started a new thread about the same topic as well as resurrecting this thread that started over a twentieth of a century ago.
    Quote Quote