VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hallo

I have some MPG Videos and was thinking that there is no problem to play them (since I already could to it earlier)... so now I tried to play one, file opens but the picture is bad, it means it is very small, somehow it is turned over I think, playing in the bottom of the screen.
    I opend the file with GSopt and it is writen that this should be decoded by InterVideo Video Decoder, which I somehow have, it is "ivivideo.ax"
    I have on my PC installed the lates version of DivX codec and also Xvid codec. This is what is have installed on purpous to watch AVI/DivX/MPG Files. I am playing all my video files with Radlight player, I know not everyone knows it but I have tried so many and only this one fits to my PC and my preferences.
    When I tried to play this file with InterVideo Video codec with VLC Media player it was playbacked normally, picture was OK. But since I have other problems with VLC media player, I dont prefer to playback files with it.

So my question is how to play this file with this InterVideo Video codec? I was wondering is there any oppotunity to force this file to be decoded by Divx codec and not with InterVideo Video codec?

thanks for the help

PS: I have Windows XP Pro, SP2
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    MPeg1 or mpeg2 video?

You can try RadLight Filter Manager or Filmerit to try disable the intervideo codec.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ffdshow includes MPEG 1 and 2 decoders.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi

MPeg1 or mpeg2 video?
    Mpeg2

I dont understand, what can I do with ffdshow or filmerit? Can you please explain it to me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FFDShow has an mpeg-2 decoder built in. Filmerit will help you clean up broken codecs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The filter managers can be used to disable the Intervideo MPEG decoder or reduce its merit so that another MPEG decoder (if any others are installed) will be used instead.

ffdshow includes MPEG decoders that you can use if you don't have another MPEG decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont want to install new codecs becuase now my video are playing relatively OK, so I dont want to mess them up.

I think the thing with disabling codecs sounds good... but which "filter manager" do you mind? Filmerit or Ridlight Filter manager? I think both are filter managers or?

I use Radlight to playback my videos, but it is Radlight version 3, not version 4, I dont like it. I know that Version 4 has funktion "radlight filter manager", so that waht you suggest it a separate tool the same as this build in Radlight version 4???
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can someone explain me which ofthe the filter managers to use. Idont want to install codecs, just need a tool to change/deaktivate this ivivideo decoder.

thanks for the answer
    Quote Quote  
  9. You may find Radlight a little easier to use.

If you only have one MPEG2 decoder disabling it will leave you without the ability to play MPEG2 video.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may find Radlight a little easier to use.
    is Radlight Filter manager a separate tool from Radlight player, I mean as a part of Radlight Player?

If you only have one MPEG2 decoder disabling it will leave you without the ability to play MPEG2 video.
    If so, I can enable it again, dont I ?

Are Divx or Xvid not a MPEG2 decoder?
    If not-can you give me some MPEG2 decoder so I can check if I have them in my system....

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. I don't know what's in Radlight player. The filter manager comes by itself.

You can set the merit of the MPEG2 encoder to DO NOT USE (you have to reboot for the new merit to take effect). It can easily set back to NORMAL later.

Divx and Xvid are MPEG 4 codecs.

Other MPEG 2 decoders will usually appear with MPEG 2 in the filter name. ffdshow is a little unusual in that it's one giant codec that can handle several formats. It appears as ffdshow Video Decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok , some other questions:
    1. I habe another MPG Video, which I can playback normally, and when I render this video file with Gspot it was written:
    Code:
    (S) --> MPEG-I Stream Splitter --> MPEG Video Decoder --> (R)
    So, this is MPEG1 Decoder, can it handle MPEG2 Videos?
    If yes-then I can disable the ivivideo decoder and choose this one, or?

2. I have a tool Video Codec Swapper, it shows all the codecs on my system.
    I opened it to see if I have other MPEG2 decoder, or only this ivivideo.
    There are some other decoders but I am not sure if they are MPEG2, can you help me please.
    Here they are:
    Code:
    AC3 Parser filter - DirectShow MPEG2 Splitter
    MicrosoftScreen Video Decompressor
    MPEG-I Stream Splitter - quartz.dll - Directshow LaufzeitBibliothek
    MPEG-2 PSI Reader Filter
    MPEG-2 Spiltter - mpeg2splt.ax - DirectShow Mpeg2 Splitter
    Windows Media Video Decoder - wmvds32.ax
    Windows Media Video Decoder V8 - wmv8ds32.ax
    MPEG-2 Stream Reader Filter - has somethink to do with Ahead and Nero
    Windows media multiplexer - wmpasf.dll
    MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyser - Directshow Stream Buffer Filter
    Nero Video Stream Renderer
    AC3Filter
    MPEG-2 Demultiplexer - Directshow MPEG-2 Splitter
    MPEG Video Decoder - Quartz.dll
    Radlight matroska Splitter
    Radlight VideoDSP Directshow Filter

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    please help further
    Quote Quote  
  14. I don't think any of those is an MPEG 2 decoder. "MPEG Video Decoder - Quartz.dll" is Windows built-in MPEG decoder but it only handles MPEG 1.

Did you try what I suggested? Use Radlight Filter Manager and set the MPEG 2 decoder to DO NOT USE and reboot (this is easily reversed by starting Radlight again and reenabling the decoder). See if you can still play MPEG 2 videos. If not, install ffdshow. Enable only the MPEG 2 decoder if you are worried about it decoding other types.
    Quote Quote