VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Think this is in the right place. Basically i have 13 MPEG-2 files with AC3 audio, and they all have varying audio delay values. I want to join them all to one file. What is the easiest way to do it so that the video and audio stays in sync throughout?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Run each file through quickstreamfix in VideoRedo. Audio should be corrected.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah that worked, thanks. Just curious, what is VideoReDo removing from the video files? Whenever i use quickstream fix the output is always two or three MB smaller, but it's still the same video and everything. What is it removing?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    No free alternative and will this work with MPEG2 Program Streams?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Killer3737
    Yeah that worked, thanks. Just curious, what is VideoReDo removing from the video files? Whenever i use quickstream fix the output is always two or three MB smaller, but it's still the same video and everything. What is it removing?

Thanks.
    My guess is that it's remuxing the audio and video, using a slightly different method to do so.

Originally Posted by DarrellS
    No free alternative and will this work with MPEG2 Program Streams?
    Dunno for sure. VideoRedo is one of the few pieces of vid software I've ever paid for. There just isn't a piece of freeware that's equivalent. Program Streams - I believe so.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    EDITED. Nevermind, problem completely solved now, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My guess is that it's remuxing the audio and video, using a slightly different method to do so.
    I suspect that it doesn't remux (since it even can't import elementary streams) but drops frames where it finds no audio and drops audio without video for keeping sync at joining (this was discussed here a year or 2 ago). So I always prefer to demux files and put them to Womble timeline with original delays (it can fill gaps with silence/blackness).
    Quote Quote