VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I have an urgend problem.
    I actually authoring a group of DVDs with one menu.
    I designed an animation for the menu, which is parted into one intro and one looping animation at the end.

Now I want to let the Intro only play once, when the DVD is started, and the let the loop remain.

I inserted the animation in the empty menu. generated a second cell. Set this to the right position and give it the loop-flag. Now I created some text-links for each movie.

When I compile the DVD and play it in MPC, the animation starts correctly, but no links appear. Only the highlighting and the activation are working. Why?

How can I tell DVD-lab to jump after every movie ends, and when the title button is pressed, to jump to cell2?

I need the answer really quick.

Thank You

Ninerian
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First issue is a simple one - you have to render motion to put your links into the video. This will re-encode your video to AVI format with your link text. You then have to convert this to mpeg-2 (another re-encode) and put it back into the menu. This is why I create all the text in my editor when I create the menu background.

The second part is more complex. You will have to edit the VM commands for the menu. Every time the menu is called you will have to check a register value. If it is set to one, skip directly to Cell 2. If not, play Cell 1. The first time the menu is called, after performing this check, set that register value to 1 so that subsequent calls are forced to skip to Cell 2.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, thanks for your answer.

Im not so familiar with the VM language. I tried the line if (GPRM15 == 1) CallSS FP (rsm_cell 2)
    I got an error.
    So how the if-function is used in DVD-Lab?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ninerian
    Hello, thanks for your answer.

Im not so familiar with the VM language. I tried the line if (GPRM15 == 1) CallSS FP (rsm_cell 2)
    I got an error.
    So how the if-function is used in DVD-Lab?
    Try

if (GPRM15 == 1) CallSS VTSM (menu ROOT rsm_cell 2)
    GPRM15=1

This will do the check, and if the value is 1 (which it won't be the first time through, then it will set it to 1, then play through both cells. The next time the menu is called, the value will be 1, and cell 1 will be skipped.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote