VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using MPC/Media Player Classic and if Overlay Mixer* is selected under Output (see attached) then some of the vid clips would have the bottom border NOT filled to the player (2nd pix), how come?

What is the best Output to use?
    System Default
    Old Renderer
    Overlay Mixer*
    VMR7 (Windowed)
    Null (uncompressed)

Thanks for the feedback/help.

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    2nd pix, look at the border/bottom of the player.

Quote Quote  
  3. What are the specifications of your video? e.g. non mod16 dimensions? some .mpg have "rough borders" which is not visibile on their intended target (overscan on TV's)

use mediainfo for more information

Do you have any other external or internal filters in your filter chain?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks poisondeathray, I just tested 20 vid clips and apparently ONLY some of the .wmv clips are encountering this display problem (all .avi are fine), some .wmv are also fine and I would say about 20% of .wmv (wmv 9 960X540) clips got the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What decoder are you using for wmv files? render your files in graphstudio

Also if you have compounding filters either system installed (you can check in graphstudio) or in mpc (options => external filters), it often results in bizarre results

If you use another player (e.g. SMPlayer), or different renderer, do you get the same results?

Overlay mixer is usually the visually best in terms of color / hue/saturation. VMR9 especially and VMR7 to a lesser extent distort the color. In MPC, you cannot use subtitles with overlay mixer. In other players (e.g. SMPlayer) you can.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again poisondeathray.

No external filtere under option - external filters, see attached pix.

I only have the border problem when Overlay Mixer* is selected, all other (System default/VWR7/VWR9/Haali...) are all fine, except :

1) Overlay Mixer* = Best colours (but got border problem)

2) System Default or VMR7 (Windowed) = almost identical to Overlay Mixer* (no border problem)

3) VMR 9 (Windowed)/VMR 7 (renderless)/VMR 9 (renderless)/Haali renderer = colours too dark (no border problem)

Is Overlay Mixer* the best one to select? or what most of you are using?

Thanks.

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From graphstudio!

Quote Quote  
  8. I used to use MPC a lot, I use SMPlayer more these days. When I use MPC, I tend to use overlay mixer

Just choose a renderer that you feel is best for your purposes
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again poisondeathray , I think I solved my problem now , I enabled WMV1/7, WMV2/8 and WMV3/9 under ffdshow video decoder/audio decoder and I'm NOT seeing the border problem anymore . I 'm guessing ffdshow is now being used for all .wmv files as I can see the ffdshow tray icons while palying .wmv files.

Best regards.

P/s does anyone know why on the 1st GraphStudio both WMAudio decoder DMO and WMVideo decoder DMO are both showing GREEN vs the 2nd GraphStudio both are showing purple while using ffdshow?

Quote Quote