VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to rip individual cartoon episodes from a disc using AutoGK but each time I try it encodes the whole disc even after choosing an individual PGC. I load AGK, choose the main IFO for the VOB set and gives me a chose of all the segments available. With any one I choose it does the same thing. Is there a way to rip each individually?

Quote Quote  
  2. Is there a way to rip each individually?
    During decrypting use DVD Decrypter set for IFO Mode (at the top, Mode->IFO). Decrypt each cartoon to its own folder on the hard drive and then run each through AutoGK.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What about a VIDEO_TS folder already on hard drive?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try PGCDemux or open the Video_TS folder in DVD Shrink and use Re-Author mode to get just the episode you want.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by stantheman1976
    What about a VIDEO_TS folder already on hard drive?
    Yeah, if you don't feel like going back and starting over then decrypt each episode from the DVD already on the hard drive using PGCDemux, as guns1inger suggests. Check the "Create a PGC VOB" box and open the resulting VOB in AutoGK.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stantheman1976
    What about a VIDEO_TS folder already on hard drive?
    You can use the re-author function in DVD Shrink to back up the episodes individually before using AutoGK. You need to open the edit tool in re-author mode. It's a trick I use quite often to maintain sync on individual episodes encoded with VBR audio.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't spot Gunslingers reply earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the advice guys. Getting a weird problem now. When I rip the episodes they aren't playing full screen. There is a black border around all 4 sides. The disc plays full screen as it should.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you playing the VOBs or loading them form the ifo file ?
    What are you playing them with ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Playing the VOB files with VLC and Power DVD.

Edit:
    Looks like it was just a couple ones that happens with. The disc is a collection of old Mickey Mouse cartoons so I guess the AR is off on the originals. The rest on the disc play fine.
    Quote Quote