VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem with my BD300 player as well....

Originally Posted by inano
    I have had no luck shrinking a blu ray to AVCHD (dvd5).
    I have selected consoles and I have tried both ac3 5.1 audio and ac3 2.0 audio without success.

I know my BD player (LG BD300) can play AVCHD because it says so right on the front panel but also because I have burned direct MTS (h264) files from my Sony HD camcorder to AVCHD (DVD5) (no transcoding) and they work. I used Sony's Motion Picture Browser for this. The camcorder's MTS files are 1920x1080 with 5.1 sound.

Now if I can only shrink down my blu ray movies to dvd5 correctly....

Is this tutorial only for PS3 consoles?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To get around the Haali issue...

Edit the RipBot264.ini and change line to following:

//RipBot264 will check if AviSynth, FFDshow and Haali Media Spliter are installed and will also check account type
    CheckRequiredSoftware=0

I haven't encoded anything with 1.13.0 yet so not sure if above will work but RipBot does run now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I am trying to backup my first BR to .Mkv. When I load everything into RipBot per the guide and start the encode job it says it's complete in like a second. Any idea what the problem is? I am just doing a straight copy and copying the audio stream, etc. It almost seems like the program is only running on the first .mts file rather than all of them? I did have to do the workaround in the .ini file to get the program to run but I do have all necessary programs and codecs installed.

EDIT: I installed the older version (1.12) and it appears to be working now?

Thanks!

Ted
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried numerous times to rip a bluray disk to mp4 format. Every time that I try to do it, the file never shows up. I have everything installed and I've checked in multiple directories. I have also tried using tsmuxer first, but it still didn't help. When I look in the log, I get this message at the end after it has finished encoding the audio.

C:\>"C:\Users\Sean\Downloads\RipBot264v1.13.0\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -fps 23.976 -add "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac":lang=und -mpeg4 -new "C:\Users\Sean\Videos\Blu-Ray rips\fifth element - 720p - test.mp4"

Cannot find file C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264

Error importing C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found

If anyone has any information that can help me, please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does the crop function work for others? It does not work for me. The encoding goes fine but when complete the black bars at top and bottom are still there and the same size as if it had done nothing? This is on v 1.13.1.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Please. I must ask again. I have updated to a quad core now and must admit that ripbot is a godsend. I love it. But i must raise the question again, I have backed up The D**k K**ght and B**man B**ins. But i have backed them up on resolutions 1920x1080 the max setting. And the size is DVD5. I have loaded the original bluray on my ps3 and compared them to my dvd5 backups, and i really if i be honest cant see any difference what so ever. How much quality do you lose on dvd5 backup? @Atak_Snajpera i listened to your advice but due to i have decided to backup to dvd5. Also i have a 47" 1080p Tv. Is there a big big difference between resolution 1280x720 and 1920x1080? Obviously the resolutions better on 1080p but can you notice it on a 47"TV? Sorry for the stupid questions but i cant work out if its my eyes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Not to worry--your eyes are not deceiving you. Even if you go to 10ft 1080p projection, your discs will look great.

Just keep doing what you're doing--don't argue with success!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers MaxBlack

One more quick question i forgot to ask. when you load your disk into the ps3, you get the avchd and a little disc icon next to it. Just curious, Is there away of doing these to the backups. Like example my D**th Ra*e BD has a little jason stratham picture. Is there a way of doing this on a dvd5 backup?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ripbot has worked fine for a handful of movies but now I am getting this error that pops up when I attempt to encode another one. Media Player Classic pops up playing getinfo.avs and says "DirectShowSource: couldn't open file C:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\job1\video.mkv: The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Temp\RipBot264tem\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

Anyone know what could be causing this error?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great guide and it has been a real help but I have one little teensy question.

When encoding, FFDSHOW appears in the tray. Should disable my playback settings for FFDSHOW before encoding. Right now, for playback, I upscale and denoise all my videos to my HDTVs native resolution. Will this effect the encode in any way?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    teddykgb, I'm not sure exactly what causes that, but what I do then is rip the BD to the hard drive, open that with tsMuxeR and select the main movie and the disired audio. Then mux them together and feed the result to RipBot. This works most times. You need lots of HDD space.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi again. I hope someone can help me here, or tell me what is going on, but I just finished encoding an animation from a Blu Ray I have and the encoded video has after images, particularly visible in dark scenes. They seem to be like "inbetween frames" and don't appear on my source disc. It seems to me like a framerate or detelecine problem. Anything I can do about it?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I keep getting this error:

I deleted Ripbot, ffdshow and Avisynth, then downloaded again and re-installed and got the same problem.

Can any one advise in what I'm doing wrong?

I'm trying to change some of my HD DVD.ts files to .mkv
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    had similar problem and solved:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic364636.html
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Baldrick for this awesome guide and Atak for providing Ripbot!, but I was wondering if it is possible to add a second audio stream after it has passed through Ripbot. I know that Ripbot does not support multiple audio tracks but I really haven't found any helpful guides as how to go about doing this, if you guys could point me to the right direction I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sephek
    Thank you for this guide Baldrick for this awesome guide and Atak for providing Ripbot!, but I was wondering if it is possible to add a second audio stream after it has passed through Ripbot. I know that Ripbot does not support multiple audio tracks but I really haven't found any helpful guides as how to go about doing this, if you guys could point me to the right direction I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic364635.html
    Quote Quote  
  17. If i want to convert a Bluray Rip to mkv 1080p with High@L4.1 and Bitrate 13000 kbps, what is the best settings on RipBot264? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  18. i've installed FFDshow several times but it keeps saying its not installed..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which version of ffdshow are you using? I believe Ripbot wants a certain version of ffdshow or higher, or it won't
    'see' ffdshow.

If you're in doubt, go to the Tools page for ffdshow here on VideoHelp, and use the link labeled "Download (direct link)" to get one of the most recent versions.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  20. hi, i used the link that came with the ripbot program, but then i found another site that had a higher version for some reason.
    Quote Quote  
  21. wow, 12 hours later, and still going. when you said several hours, i didnt really think that much haaha. I dont exactly have a weak computer either.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Everything below QuadCore is weak for video encoding
    Quote Quote  
  23. great, 13 hours later i end up with 15gb MKV file even after customising the file size.
    Quote Quote  
  24. doublepost
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera
    Everything below QuadCore is weak for video encoding
    Very true, with the Q9300 2.5Ghz I get an average of 7-8 hours, encoding 1080p.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I love ripbot. Thanks to the genius who made it. One thing tho, which i have not been quite able to do, How to i get rid of the annoying black borders on the top and bottom of my movies?
    Quote Quote  
  27. manual Crop or auto crop + Custom size
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Atak_Snajpera

Cheers for you help as always, but i have tried auto crop a couple of times, and it dont seem to make a difference at all. Can you give me an example of the custom sizes please Atak_Snajpera. I know its dum. but the process is way to long for me to keep gettin wrong. Im backin up my In*y BD. and on the back of my box it says 2:40 anamorphic widescreen. So for example what would i write in the custom crop please?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Use autocrop
    Quote Quote