VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. if you want correct aspect ratio you have to use presets in Size section. I assume that your source is anamorphic. Next time be more precise.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    superhulk, it takes me about one hour to rip to the HDD. (Sony 2X BD player.} The analyzing and demuxing can take a while. But I noticed some of my BDs have 12 languages and about the same amount of subtitles. And there is a lot more 'junk' on the disc besides the main movie. That may contribute to some of the time used. Using Tsmuxer and disabling all but the languages, subs and video track you want may speed things up.

I'm using the 2 pass MKV encode and not changing any other settings. It takes about 6 hours for both encode passes to finish. This is on a Intel quad core Q9300 overclocked to 3Ghz. (In my computer details) I also use two hard drives so one drive isn't shuffling between the files. I encode to a 4.37GB DVD-5. I tried one conversion to a 8.5GB DL DVD-9 and the quality was a small bit better. I view on a 12' projection screen. But the DVD-5 is quite good, considering the filesize. The DL encode took about 8 hours, but some of the difference in encoding time may be due to the different lengths of the movies.

I've done six BD>MKV conversions and only the one I detailed above gave me any problems. But it also came out perfect in the end.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's taking me about an hour to rip to HDD too

Movie: I Am Leg*nd (alternate ending) 1:46 (16 GB M2TS)

Output is Blu-Ray Disc (DL DVD)
    No resize (remains at 1080)
    Default "Consoles" Profile
    First pass: 6 hours
    Second pass: 12 hours

(Dell XPS M1530 Laptop)
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz (T8100)
    4 GIG Ram
    7200 RPM HDD
    Windows Vista 64 bit

I wonder just how much power this 18 hour encoding is costing me

I should point out that if you rip to a Mac formatted partition while using MacDrive, the M2TS files won't import with RipBot264 (even though it does play fine with multimedia players).
    Panasonic 50" (TH-50PZ800U)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Firstly... I think its a great (Best) program... and simply... Dear Atak_Snajpera Bravo!

I have only a 2 questions, and I don't know if this imposible (I'm not expert, and maybe its a stubit questions).
    1. Did you have more profiles? Like 4.1 or more!
    2. Any profile to upscaling DVDs or Rip? Like 1280x or less, like 720x with 1:1 quality?

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Vasilis M., You might look to the Doom9 site for more specific information on the program. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127611
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks redwudz for the infos, wow! 163 pages, after this I forgot my name, lol ... I ask (because I'm not expert) for already profiles to do this!
    Quote Quote  
  7. hi all!
    - i used first Ripbot264, selected the 000000.m2ts (why i have to select this one?...shuld i select the biggest one?)
    - i select my audio track, it start and i wait. At the end looks like the program was in stanby, doing nothing and i had only the abort button...should i wait? i click on abort...

so i used tsmuxer.
    - i selcted the biggest m2ts and my audio track.
    - wait and the process ended
    - so i used Ripbot264 but i had "no audio track"...why?

si i used tsmuxer again!!!
    - i selcted the biggest m2ts and leave all tracks.
    - wait and the process ended
    - so i used Ripbot264 but now looks like i'm in a loop of demuxing audio
    streams....i thnk the program is working on all tracks? omg!

what i'm doing wrong?
    i want only get my audio track!!

i have to select the 00000.m2ts track or the biggest one?

thx and sorry for my english!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. the "tsmuxer demuxing loop" ended!
    now i have 2 audio tracks (found mine) and i rebuild the subtitles.
    Now i start the process...and see what happen!

Whish there was a program that make all by itself =)

i'll post the result when done...

tyvm!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Usually RipBot works fine by itself, but on a couple of BD discs I've had to use tsmuxer first.
    It takes about an hour to rip the BD on my system.
    I think you choose the first .m2ts just so RipBot has a starting point.
    If you choose all the audio and sub tracks, tsmuxer will demux them all and that takes a while.

Let us know how it went.

Your English is fine, and welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  10. ty redwudz!

i'll let you know..still some hours =)

anyway,
    i have some questions:

1) with tsmuxer i have to select the biggest track? (i think yes)
    2) with Ripbot264? the 00000.m2ts one or the biggest one? (dunno...)
    3) after i got my .ts file using tsmuxer, how i do i know which one
    is dolby digital or DTS? (cause i only see the bitrate only...)
    4) if i have multiple subtitles in my languages, can i include all in the
    mkv file or only one?

ty for your time!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'll try to answer your questions, but I don't know that much about tsmuxer and ripbot myself.

1) The biggest track should be the main movie, usually 20 - 30GB. I have found one BD where it was split into two parts. I have used VLC to play the .m2ts files to verify that they are the main movie.

2) I think Ripbot uses that as a starting point. I've always selected the first .m2ts, no matter what the number was.

3) I've always deselected all but the main video file and my English audio file in tsmuxer. Not sure how to tell them apart afterwards.

4) I don't use subs, so someone else would need to advise you there. Baldrick had some information in his guide. I would look to that. I think MKV can support multiple subs, though. It's a very flexible format.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok i successful backed up My Icr***ble Hulk 2008 and it worked perfect. Now i wana back my spi***Man 3. I did everythin i did for IH and i F***ED UP the audio and it was english commentry instead of the normal speaking. After two days of waiting for this to convert day and night i nearly smashed my puter to bits. Oh well im not giving up. Just wandering with the TSMUXER part which speech is the correct one for example on spiderman3 i have:

LPCM (eng)
    AC3 (eng) channel 6 ----which is the commentry i think.
    TRUE_HD (eng)
    2x AC3 channel6 (eng)

Which is english normal speech because i have to guess. Is there away to find this out?

Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  13. well, thx a lot redwudz for your info!!!!
    i'll check anyway on the forum for more info.

This is the fast/best way to convert bly ray to mkv files or there is one
    fastest?

i see that there is also this one:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic333634.html

but i see, on a first look, that is more complicated to me...also
    for the english to understand all the correct steps

ho well, ill check!
    ty again
    byez!
    Quote Quote  
  14. People! it does matter if you choose 00000.m2ts or other !!!!! Result will be the same. You will see playlist and streams to select in new windows.

@blackwalker
    Demuxing directly from Blu-ray can take even 45 min. The first progress will be shown after couple minutes (analyzing...)

@superhulk
    is that hard to check audio in preview??!?!?!?!!?!?!?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where is the preview of audio on tsmuxer. oh and sorry for bein a newb
    Quote Quote  
  16. I meant preview in RipBot264...

Try this:
    1) activate AnyDVD
    2) Select ANY .m2ts directly from Blu-Ray in RipBot264
    3) Select your streams
    4) Wait ~40 minutes
    Quote Quote  
  17. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, Atak_Snajpera, great program. Most of us are stumbling around a bit, trying to learn it all. It's worked great for me so far. I only needed to use tsmuxer once on a apparently odd BD. But even then, it all came out correctly in the end. I'm amazed at the quality with a BD>DVD-5 conversion in MKV 2-pass format. I've done two to MKV DVD-9 also with no problems.

redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Atak_Snajpera

Ok i do realise that. After i made a mistake the first time like the muppet i am but on my previews on ripbot the video is really slow and there in no audio at all. But When using TS Muxer to shrink the file a bit by taking away some of the audio languages i dont want. Which file is the normal english one. I have tried loads and i just cant find it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. When you select streams in RipBot264 which audio stream did you select?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First,

Thanks for your guide. Admittedly I'm not using your guide...I'm using a combination of eac3to/MeGUI/TSRemux to convert from Bluray/HDDVD to AVCHD discs for use/play on my PS3, but I have a question that you may or may not be able to answer.

I have subtitles ripped with eac3to in .sup format. TSRemux accepts this format when adding as a source file. Here's my issue. My rips are transcoding/resizing the video from 1920x1080 to 1280x720. When I add the ripped .sup files in TSRemux, is stated the subs are at a resolution of 1920x1080. How can I resize these subtitles and keep it in .sup format so that they are at a resolution of 1280x720 to match my video?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    right i will run throught what i do. First i back up my blu ray using anyDVD and rip it on to my HD. Then i Load up tsmuxer then tick the video file, then i have a load of audio files in different languages and about 5-6 of them are in english. I have tried quite a few of these and can not seem to find the normal english audio. Then i would load up ripbot v1.10.6. This is the only version of ripbot that works on my computer. the other versions crash. So once that has loaded i would copy this great tutorial. And it works, Apart from my audio issues. I also tried to copy my K**G KO*G HD but that did not not work how i hoped. I ripped the whole movie in the highest quality which again took 2 days, to find out the audio was out of sync. I know im a newb, and some of this is trial and error. But for some reason my files take like 1-2 days to convert and i can not use my computer to play games or anything else while this conversion is going on. I have pentium duo core 6600, 2mb ram. geforce 8800gts. and in my opinion its a very fast computer but this process take me forever.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Your CPU is not very fast for video encoding. You should invest in Quad-Core Q6600. Mine is running at 3Ghz without any problems. BTW You should really try latest v1.11.5 and my method next time. It should not crash.
    Quote Quote  
  23. finally the process ended so i have now my 1st mkv file!
    what i can say? THX ALL? YES!!!

Video and Audio are "Superb". I do not resize or crop anything so i
    ended with a 10gb file. Its ok, i need to move my bly ray collection
    to my egreat m31B.

Now i have to test it on my mediatank player to see if all its ok =)

anyway, it take me around 6 hour with a q9550 processor, 4gb ram ddr3,
    i thought less time, but its ok "because" the "shut down" option when the process end work great!

let me say thx again all expecially who developed these programs
    and i'd like to make a paypal donation now, i have just to check where!

now back to test on my egreat media player to see if all its ok

byez!
    Quote Quote  
  24. i forgot this:

when using RipBot264, in the audio profile i set 320kbs as bitrate,
    but i had also 640kbs (if i'm not wrong).

1) Do i set it correct or was better 640kbs? or i have to select "x.x COPY STREM" for mkv files for better sound????

damn...i have a problem now after i install the "UDF.Reader.v2.5" on XP.
    I cant see now the ext2/ext3 partition on my egreat media tank player....
    maybe there is some conflit between these format?

i'm using a program, "Ext2 IFS 1.11" program to see the ext2
    partition on the media player.

before installing the "UDF.Reader.v2.5" i was able to see these partitions,
    now i cant...

2) somene can help me to see again the ext2 partition?

...sorry for my english and thx!!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. As described by many, here above: magnificant guide!

Not more than 24 hours after I installed my BD-ROM player in my PC and inserted the first Blu-Ray disc I bought (in what probably will become a big collection of Blu-Ray discs) I could look at "Kingd*m of H*aven" thru the NMT in 1280x720: never had I thought my TV was able to give this result!

Which brings me to my question:
    • Why are there two black borders added scriptwise AddBorder(0,88,0,88) which I cannot remove, not even with editting job1.avs (the AddBorder line keeps coming back)?
    Thanks in advance!
    'The Incantation', One of the A500 Destroyers
    Quote Quote  
  26. hi again, someone can answer at last at my "1)" question on my previous
    post pls?

for the "2)" question (if i dont find a solution) i can use my other internal HD with Vista installed to move the files to my media player.

i have another question, if someone is so kind to answer me

I'd like to know if these are the correct steps to burn a bly-ray disk
    after extracting the main film from a blu-ray (without making a 1-1 copy):

1 - TsMuxer (to get only the main movie and the audio track of my language)
    2 - Ripbot264, selecting "save as BLU-RAY DISC"
    3 - Imgburn (or nero8) to burn to a new Bly-ray Disc

I mean...i'm still not so familiar with the bly-ray structure (DVD have only audio and video ts folders) so, the question is:

Is this correct?
    at the end, i'll have a valid structure to burn on a Blu-ray disc?

thx for your time!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have followed the instructions carefully.
    I am able to get the video, subtitles just fine, but no audio.

I have tried xcopy stream, and MP3 at 320...

No matter which audio I choose (I really want to use the xcopy stream) I cant get the sound.

The video comes out great, good quality and good subtitles.
    But without audio, its worthless, lol...

Anyone has had this issue?

I am using a Dell Studio laptop to make the video (MKV Format).

What do I have to check in order to get the sound?

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  28. @glad1ator
    do you check the audio in preview?
    do install the last "ffdshow" codec and disinstall (if you have) k-lite or other
    codec?

hope someone can answer my previos question, because i have to give
    back to my friends the blu-ray films soon =)

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone i did a S3 rip of my copy. i resized it to 1280x544 and it was converted in 8 hours max. The picture is very good still, looks ace on my tv. But im seriously having trouble with the audio for this film. It seems to have commentry with it. the preview did not have it but that might have been a part when the commentator does not talk. Theres a couple of english ones and i can not seem to find the correct audio. The person on the audio is explaining the scenes, for the visually impaired people. I dont know how to get rid of him.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Dear Atak_Snajpera Hi and thanks for the program!
    Only one question... I have Vista Pro with AMD dual 3.2 - mem 2gb - Ati 4670 - Vista codec pack and i have error in Denoise (unable fft3dgpu) why? Thanks.
    Quote Quote