VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear all
    I have a very strange problem where Cyberlink Power Director does not recognize mpeg2 files from a panasonic camcorder as a widescreen movie although the 16:9 widescreen flag in the mpeg2 sequence header(0xB5) is set.
    Other video player(ms media player, magix NLE) do recognize it as 16:9.
    The strange thing is that if I modify the first "private stream2 header" then Power Director shows the video correct in widescreen!!!
    With a hexeditor I see the following headers at the beginning:
    -the first header is a Packheader(0xBA)
    -the second header is a system header (0xBB)
    -the third header is the mentioned private stream2 header(0xBF)
    According to this page(http://dvd.sourceforge.net/dvdinfo/mpeghdrs.html) the following two bytes after 0xBF are the PES packet length(bytes 4 and 5). In the mpeg2 files of the Panasonic H40 camcorder(with a harddisk) these bytes are always 0x07D4(byte 4=0x07,byte 5=0xD4).
    If I change this value to ANY OTHER value(like 0x07D3 or 0x07D5) then Power Director will recognize the widescreen format of the mpeg2 file. I just need to change the first private stream2 header of the file, all further private stream2 headers can contain the value 0x07D4 that Power Director shows the video correct. If this value is 0x07D4 then Power director detects the movie as a 4:3 movie although the widescreen flag in the sequnence header is set.
    Can anyone please explain me what is the usage of a private stream2 header and why will the change of the PES packet length solve my problem?
    Is this a bug in Power director or can anyone assume a wanted behaviour here?
    I want to write a tool that patches this value to solve the problem? To what value should I modify the PES packet length?
    Hope that somebody can help me here?
    Regards
    Sektionschef
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    check for a software update. JVC Everio MOD files had the same problem and Cyberlink patched it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by VirtualDoobMon
    check for a software update. JVC Everio MOD files had the same problem and Cyberlink patched it.
    Thanks, but the problem appears even with latest version of power director.
    Regards
    Sektionschef
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sektionschef
    Originally Posted by VirtualDoobMon
    Thanks, but the problem appears even with latest version of power director.
    Regards
    Sektionschef
    OK relax people after some clicking I've found a way to make it work!!

it is set to auto detect by default and it doesent recognize sony widscreen and seems that same happens to JVC and will probably happen to many more mpeg2's.

the solution is simple and its to set it on manual aspect ratio

how its done

1 chose wide aspect in /open>edit>aspect/16:9

2 import files, then drop the file you want to edit into the story line, then click on it, after you'll see the tools offered on top(split)(trim)(multi trim) (speed)(color)(freezframe) (bin) and finally the menu! click on it! in this drop down like menu you will see "Set Aspect Ratio" and from now on power director rulez again...

I have tried some other editing software due to the fact that i was unable to locate (set aspect ratio opton) and the once I have tried as teens say: they suck monkey balls compering to this one.

regards
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went through the effort of registering just to say thank you. This is the best solution for Cyberlink PowerDirector! Rock on.
    Quote Quote