VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread
  1. The video plays fine .. but the audio doesn't come up.
    Actually, my LG player is quite picky.

    Here is what MediaInfo gave me for the Audio stream:
    Code:
    Format                           : MPEG Audio
    Format version                   : Version 1
    Format profile                   : Layer 3
    Codec ID                         : 55
    Codec ID/Hint                    : MP3
    Duration                         : 2h 9mn
    Bit rate mode                    : Variable
    Bit rate                         : 97.8 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate                 : 96.0 Kbps
    Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
    Sampling rate                    : 32.0 KHz
    Resolution                       : 16 bits
    Video delay                      : 10s 332ms
    Stream size                      : 90.8 MiB (13%)
    Alignment                        : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration             : 36 ms (0.86 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration     : 7792118 ms
    Writing library                  : LAME3.90.
    Encoding settings                : ABR
    What do I change?
    I believe the VBR MP3 to be the problem.. Any means to change it to CBR?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably because of the use of 32 KHz audio. Some DVD players won't support anything but 44.1 KHz, although most should also support 48 KHz. 32 KHz MP3 support is rare.

    There is some small chance that VBR is a problem, but that's extremely unlikely. I'd say it's a 99% chance that your problem is the use of 32 KHz audio and 1% that's VBR or maybe even both.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    Please note that while you can convert 32 KHz audio to 44.1 KHz with a variety of free software programs, it will sound terrible. 32 KHz audio sucks and in my opinion anything at 32 KHz is irreparably ruined.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ^ hmm ok..
    I did this :
    1. Extracted audio from AVI using Vdubmod
    2. Normalized audio using audacity.
    3. Muxed the new Mp3 again with the video using Vdubmod..

    And it played in the DVD Player!

    Thanx anyways!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    I'm finding it hard to believe that normalization fixed this problem. Are you sure you didn't change the sampling to 44.1 KHz or 48 KHz and/or converted it to CBR?
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads