VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some vob videos in ntsc formay is interlace. How can I removed them to have the ripped deinterlaced? Need I use an avisynth script to do that?

source

ripped file from internet

I see that some ripped video on internet are very clear and sharp. They may have much better quality than their source file. Do you know which script they use to improve the output file?

source

ripped file from internet
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't see how the Internet one is necessarily better than the source. It's smoother, yes, but I don't know if it's any better.

Anyway. If it's a movie you IVTC it (or Force Film it in DGIndex, if possible) to return it to progressive 23.976fps. If it was shot on video and is true interlaced 29.97fps, then you might deinterlace it or not, depending on the desired output format. And since pics don't tell you very much, how about a short 10 second section of the source video, a section with movement.

Open a VOB in DGIndex, use the [ and ] buttons to isolate a small piece, and then File->Save Project and Demux Video. Upload the resulting M2V to some 3rd party upload site, one such as MediaFire, and post the link here.
    Need I use an avisynth script to do that?
    If you want to do it right, in my opinion, yes. There may be other ways, though, depending on what has to be done. Again, an unprocessed sample of the source is required to see what you have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The second image is over filtered. Similar results with VirtualDub:

Quote Quote