VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Leadtek Winfast PVR 3000 Deluxe TV-Tuner that connects to the line-level analog input (for CD-IN/TV Tuner): CD-In, Aux-In (4-pin header) on the Motherboard’s built sound chip.
    I recently bought a CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY PRO (PCI-Express) and to my surprise I noticed that it has no analog CD-In 4-pin header to connect my TV-Tuner!
    So how am I supposed to record audio if I cannot connect the TV-Tuner to the sound blaster?!
    I don’t think I’ll be able to enable both the sound blaster & the built-in motherboard sound chip in order to connect the TV-Tuner, they’ll conflict!
    If there is no way, I’ll just have to change this card for an ASUS XONAR D2X/XDT/A.

Don’t the current Creative Sound Blaster cards feature an analog CD-In/TV-tuner 4-pin header any more?

Please any help will be highly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nobody ever used the cd-in. it was for analog output of cd players. it was never needed for computers and has been sent to the dust bin.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK, so I disabled the M/B sound chip and just created a custom CD-In 4-pin header cable. I cut the wire and connected a 3.5mm jack to the end and connected it to the line-input on the outside of the X-Fi sound card and it worked!

However, after connecting it to the X-Fi Line-in, the audio from the TV-tuner sounds a bit lower than it did via the CD-In header of the motherboard’s built-in sound chip! (The Line-in volume is set to max). I would have expected something better from the CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY PRO Line-in!
    How can I make the X-Fi Line-In sound higher?

Interestingly enough, I was told that the Leadtek Winfast PVR 3000 Deluxe is one of the best hardware mpeg TV-Tuners around, so how come it does not pass the audio through the PCI bus but rather it needs a CD-In 4-pin header cable?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote