VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HELLO - and thanks in advance for helping me.

I am considering buying Hypercam to capture an avi file of my screen while using a website - just a short capture for a DVD I am working on - am authoring through Adobe Premiere Pro.

I have imported various .avi files using the digital camcorder and hypercam.

HOWEVER, when I burn a DVD and then play it on the DVD player on my TV, the file from Hypercam is "flickery" - and I do not understand why - the others from the camera are not like that.

What do I need to change on my computer or in Hypercam to avoid this? Will disabling the hardware acceleration on the video card properties help me? I saw mention of that in one post and sent the author a PM.

I do not understand the numbers for capture and replay for the avi card settings.

HELP!! AND THANKS!!

PS - if there is a better software program than HyperCam I am all eyes - I have not bought it yet - but it is the best out of a couple I have tried because it makes a large avi file and it allows me to capture just part of the screen
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What frame rate are you capturing in? Try use 23,976fps or 29.97fps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

Here are my settings in Hypercam:

Do you mean in the rate in frames per second?

THANKS![/img]
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. Frame rate = Frames per second = fps. 10 doesn't look that good for dvd playback.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay - so should I try 29 for capture and 29 for playback?

I really appreciate your help!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    29.97 would be best. You could also record in 14.985 if you wanted, then double it for playback. And, make sure it is de-interlaced when encoding the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [s:2fc0418f06]What do you mean "de-interlaced" when encoding - I assume that is a setting in Premiere Pro. [/s:2fc0418f06]

Okay - never mind - I found it - it is a filter in the encoding setting. Thanks for letting me know - this forum is awesome - I am trying all of the things I learned here today and will report back in a bit.

Thanks!
    Judy

Thanks!
    Judy
    Quote Quote